UVA Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Applying regular decision to UVA in 2022? This is the spot for the future class of 2026 to post questions, comments or admissions stats and updates.

How does your application compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the info below and then share your stats, activities and more.

UVA 2021 Admitted Student Statistics
Mean Unweighted GPA 4.3
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 89.6%
Mean SAT Score 1397
Admissions Test Policy Test optional
Applicants Submitting SATs 70%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 36%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data: We get our data from Peterson’s. If any of the data seems off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like important dates, deadlines and admissions statistics. If you have different info from a reputable source, feel free to update this post. Just click the Edit button in the lower right corner.

To learn more about academics, student life, tuition and aid, or admissions at UVA, visit their school profile on CC College Search.

1 Like

Please share results:

Date Applied:
Early/Regular:
Desired Major/School:

GPA:
SAT/ACT:
APs/Honors:
Extras/Hooks:
State residency:

Date Notified:
Decision:
Any merit aid:
Any need aid:

Is a sibling that’s a current student considered a legacy? My younger daughter applied RD to UVA. There wasn’t a spot to mark that she has a 3rd year sibling. Does UVA even take it into consideration? Dh thinks the school will know if there is a sibling based on the FAFSA. Thanks for any input.

No UVA does not consider siblings for legacy status.

1 Like

Any ideas on when regular decision generally comes out?

I’m guessing March 25 this year.

UVA Admissions Blog shows these Regular decision dates from prior years:
3/25/21 (Thurs)
3/18/20 (Wed)
3/22/19 (Fri)

1 Like

Is anyone concerned about safety around the campus area? This year has been especially bad with gun violence. This past Fall was terrible. UVA parents 'terrified' over rise in shootings near grounds -

And now again…gunshots around student apartments off-campus. 70% of UVA students live off-campus and most only live on grounds in year one.

Can everyone else browse classes on the SIS portal?

Yes, does it mean anything? Is it portal astrology?

I can also browse classes

Thanks for sharing.
We’re far from that area, so we’re out of the loop.

1 Like

I can too

not sure what that means

My portal changed. Can’t see info about test scores, application, etc. . . Did this happen for anyone else?

1 Like

same, do you think they’re coming out tonight?

Our portal still has a place to upload documents and self-report test scores, but the list of everything that had been submitted is gone.

I saw on an old Dean J blog post that they take down the checklist when they’re working on uploading decisions. My guess it’s any time between tonight and Friday night?

can you link the article?

UVA announced on their Instagram that it will be Friday night.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbLJjPOrr_X/

2 Likes