UVA Class of 2025 -- Regular Decision

Since there was only an EA and ED one. Does anyone know if RD could come out before April 1?

1 Like

I was wondering as well. Has it always been at one time in other years?

For @Rugbyrat2222 as well above - for what it’s worth, the RD decisions last year came out at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 18. (See the archived UVA RD 2024 thread for more details.) Good luck to you both!

1 Like

Thanks!

Deleted…

Dean J’s blog “Notes from Peabody” is a wealth of great info. And a really good place to look for her eventual announcement of when RD decisions will be posted:

2 Likes

Historical posting dates of UVA Regular Decision Results:

Thursday, March 21, 2013
Friday, March 21, 2014
Friday, March 20, 2015
Friday, March 25, 2016
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Thursday, March 22, 2018
Friday, March 22, 2019
Wednesday, March 18, 2020

3 Likes

We were hoping maybe next friday (3/19) but that data makes me feel as though it will likely be the following week.

No, I’d be inclined to guess Friday, 3/19, too. The general pattern appears to be to release on around the 15th business day of the month. In 2016, they were several days late (19th business day), and in 2020 they were early (13th business day), but it averages out over those eight data points to be the 15th business day of March.

3/19 looks promising, given that it is the 15th business day, but the big increase in applications this year may throw the normal schedule off. So, who knows? We shall wait and see.

1 Like

I have read thru the blog but I cannot figure out this answer. How much of the 2025 class has already been filled thru ED and EA and what percentage is filled thru RD?

1 Like

UVA’s admissions process for the Class of 2025, UVA has offered Early Action admission to 6,186 EA applicants drawn from a pool of 28,897 EA applicants. This marks an EA admit rate of 21.4%. Additionally, 968 applicants previously earned admission to UVA’s Class of 2025 through its Early Decision program.

so of the ~22,500 kids who didn’t get in EA – do we know how many got deferred vs rejected…do we know the total amount of kids now in RD pool (including EA or ED deferred)…

and based on the fact that they have about 7,000 acceptances (but not enrolled) - wonder how many slots are available for RD

Thoughts?

From reading through the blog it also depends on whether someone is in state or out of state in terms of overall numbers. I think I read in one of the posts that these numbers should not be aggregated since there are a higher number of acceptances in state vs. out of state. There are a lot of good stats posted in the prior year blog posts but I did not see anything related to how many remaining spots are available but I would assume there are fewer for out of state students vs in state students.

This is the million dollar question! Georgia Tech announced their RD admits Saturday. Admit rate for RD was 11 percent. Admit rate for EA was almost double. They admitted twice as many early action as they did RD. Don’t know if they didn’t have the number of declines they were expecting or the RD pool was that much weaker. Maybe not though because they waitlisted 27% versus 15% last year. It will be interesting to see if UVA is the same. Crazy year!

Got it - thanks for the feedback – I was thinking 10% from the RD pool seemed about right but who knows given number of applications and the atypical year…

Million dollar question for sure. Really hoping for decisions to come out this Friday!!!

Correct. I read that as well. Here are the stats posted by Dean J after ED and then EA results came out:

ED Apps:
Total number of Early Decision applications: 2,937 (2,159 last year)
Total number of VA apps: 1,573
Total number of OOS apps: 1,364

ED Offers:
Overall offers: 965
Total VA offers: 617 (39% offer rate)
Total OOS offers: 348 (26% offer rate)
Enrollment Goal: ~3,750
It’s misleading to average these offer rates together because residency is a major factor in our review. If you are going to share these numbers, cite BOTH offer rates.

ED Defers:
Overall defers: 781
Total VA defers: 406
Total OOS defers: 375

EA Apps:
Total number of Early Action applications: 28,897 (25,160 last year)
Total number of VA apps: 7,849
Total number of OOS apps: 21,048

EA Offers:
Overall offers: 6,186
Total VA offers: 2,380 (30% offer rate)
Total OOS offers: 3,806 (18% offer rate)
Enrollment Goal: ~3,750
It’s misleading to average these offer rates together because residency is a major factor in our review. If you are going to share these numbers, cite BOTH offer rates.

EA Defers:
Overall defers: 7,185 (25%)
Total VA defers: 2,098
Total OOS defers: 5,087

I thought I read a thread that today is a possibility for release? Or do we feel strongly its this Friday or next week?

1 Like

I hope it’s today! Today would follow last year’s pattern, but I think Friday is a safe bet too. At what point should we stop checking today?

1 Like

according to DeanJ, decisions will be ready by April 1st