Vassar College Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Vassar College is November 15.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

5 Likes

I’m doing the IB curriculum and I’m predicting that I’ll score around 40/41 out of 45 with a high GPA too but I just haven’t been able to budge my SAT score. I’m sitting for it again tomorrow and based on my practice tests I think I’ll score around 1330-1380 but I know that it’s below Vassar’s average. So I wanted to ask if I should submit my SAT score or not. I’m applying this fall btw.

2 Likes

My D is planning on ED to Vassar. Wondering if anyone else has noticed that the “Why Vassar?” essay question does not appear on common app? When we visited in the spring they really emphasized that this was their only question and I’ve seen several different strings on how this question was answered, but now don’t see it as an option.

1 Like

Yes, we noticed the same - they changed their question this year - two choices but neither is the Why Vassar question they previously used.

4 Likes

How many families are nervously waiting for Vassar ED1 decisions? I read that they may be posted around December 7-8? Good luck to everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 Likes

Logged on tonight and saw that the “portal is closed”.

1 Like

Do we have any sense about when the ED decisions will go out? I know that the website lists December 15, but I saw something about maybe decisions being posted by December 7-8?

I was seeing that ED1 would be announced prior to Dec 15th and most likely around December 8 or 9. We just sent in our MP1 grades which had to be emailed as the portal closed yesterday.

2 Likes

My school also just finished the trimester and grades made it just before portal closed.

3 Likes

Anyone know if they will release thurs or Fri this week?

2 Likes

We would love to know that around here!! Good luck to everyone!

2 Likes

Well, at least on my view of the portal it looks like they are definitely doing stuff in there. Before the buttons and checklists had disappeared. Now, even though it still says it is closed the buttons have reappeared as well as the financial aid checklist.

Not sure that means anything other than that they are in there clicking buttons or uploading things but good luck to all this week :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Does it show your applicant status as ED1?

1 Like

Yes, it shows Early Decision 1 on the portal. Good luck to everyone!

2 Likes

Ah, Alright! My daughter applied ED1 to the college and while it says so on the common app and did on the applicant portal, it switched to RD. Emailed the college a few hours ago, hopefully it is a glitch!

2 Likes

It’s such an exciting and nerve wracking time for all of us, parents and students alike! :pray:

5 Likes

They do look pretty consistent over the past few years on when they release although that was all during the pandemic so who knows in a regular cycle. If last year is any guide they close the portal on a Tuesday and release the following Thursday EOD. So that would be this Thursday December 8 if trends hold.

That said, if they want to go ahead and release tomorrow or Wednesday I for one will not complain :wink:

3 Likes

Does anyone know, will we receive and email to check our portal at a specific time once results are ready? Or, how does Vassar notify students? Thank you.

They send an email to the student to let you know the results have been posted. Generally late in the day from previous years scrolling through old threads.

4 Likes

Do we know it’ll be this week? Possible it’ll be NEXT Thurs, 12/15, that we hear? Good lord, I hope not.