Villanova University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Action (EA) / Early Decision (ED) deadline for the Villanova University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

3 Likes

DD has 4.5 weighted GPA, 8 APs, lots of extracurriculars and a 32 ACT. We are applying EA, I am thinking do not submit the score. Thoughts on test score and overall chances of admit?

Current senior applying ED1 this year

GPA: W: 98.31 (Upward Trend in Grades)
SAT/ACT: N/A (Test-Optional)
Class Rank: Top 25%
Rigor: 9 APs, 10 Honors Classes, 2 DE Classes
ECs: Various sports, honor societies, few clubs, leadership positions, a business
Intended Major: Computer Science in College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Essays: Very strong thus far, also strong supplemental essays
Hook: 5-time Legacy (Father, Aunt, Aunt, Aunt, Uncle)
Residence: NY
Ethnicity: White

Chance me :slight_smile:

We are also not submitting scores as part of our EA application. With schools deemphasizing standardized tests then why not all play the game of not submitting. If they can only hurt and not help especially with an otherwise solid application, why bother. Wondering if they will be eliminated altogether in the coming years. And waiting on some media/news analysis on student outcomes based on SAT/ACT scores and salary 10/20 years later. And college attended etc. Those average salaries are just to bunched together to be statistically significant. $60k/$70k out of school is not enough of a differential to stress over a state school vs a tier 1 or tier 2 school. I’ve personally done some analysis of top tier Northeast private school that occasionally publish student name/college or you can do definitely gain some insights with Linkedin. I’ve taken a look at about 400-500 independent school students 15 years out from high school graduation that went to Ivy’s and the like and the outcomes are extremely poor vs what those drinking the kool aid would expect. Stay tuned will be de-identified of course.

1 Like

Via Instagram Villanova ED 1 applicants will receive their results TODAY 12/14 after 5pm and not 12/15. Good luck everyone!!!

2 Likes

Early decision out yippee!

1 Like

How did everyone fare with ED? Posts stats if you are comfortable. Considering the possibility of ED2 for my child in the near future. Thanks.

Has anyone heard from Villanova ED1? What were your outcomes and stats?

3 Likes

Friend rejected from the business school with 1400 SAT, A average with AP classes, good ECs and community service. The business school is a tough admit.

Admitted nursing
4.0 uw 4.6 w
Rank 2
Test optional
Lots of ap and dual enrollment
Varsity athlete , many clubs, leadership roles etc

3 Likes

Congratulations! I hear that they only take about 100 nursing majors every year.

3 Likes

Son admitted ED, School of Business
3.9 UW GPA (no weighted)
no class rank
9 APs
Varsity sports, p/t job, community service
Test optional

Good luck to all!

2 Likes

Congrats. This business school is tough to get into so that is great news. My DD has the same stats but applied EA, but to college of liberal arts and sciences. She is Hispanic and from the midwest though. Hoping the diversity helps bolster the stats, because I know it it will be much tougher to get in EA

i was unfortunately rejected ED for college of liberal arts and sciences, my stats are at the top of the thread

I am shocked. The stats look very strong, I assume the 98% GPA is equivalent to a 3.9 unweighted? Not sure how they factor in the 9 APs and honors classes which brings the weighted GPA up even further. Shocking. Especially to the college of liberal arts and sciences and being a legacy. I can’t fathom why this would happen especially as an ED applicant. The only thing I can think of is that they were tougher on Comp Sci majors, although even that makes no sense since you apply to the college, not to the major. I am wondering if going test-optional factors in (even though they say it doesn’t).

The only question that popped up in my mind as I read your stats was what your AP scores were. If you’re test optional, they would probably have to be mostly 5’s. Not asking your scores necessarily. Just interjecting my thoughts. I’m told Villanova is becoming more of a reach for everyone. Sorry to hear about this outcome for you though. All the best to you. I’m positive you will land somewhere great.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that - does that mean you are now in the regular decision pool? Or does an ED rejection mean you are out completely?

1 Like

Does anyone know when EA will be released?

By January 20th.

2 Likes

Do they come in batches?