Waitlists 2022 (Class of 2026) that have closed

Haverford announced that it has closed its waitlist (that was fast). Just wanted to start a thread to compile a list of closed waitlists. Thanks!

6 Likes

Skidmore emailed waitlisted applicants that their entering class is full.

2 Likes

Thanks @Memmio30 for starting this thread.

As a lot of kids have hopes riding high on waitlists, may I request that those who post information here about closed waitlists only do so based on official announcements by the school? (and please cite your source as @JBraun has done above).

Please refrain from:

• Speculating - “School xxx seems to be very popular this year. Looks like they won’t be going to the waitlist”
  • Drawing your own conclusion - “Based on their press release last month and a tweet this week it looks like they are overenrolled and the waitlist will be closed”
  • Hearsay - “Daughter of a friend of a friend says she heard from an AO that the waitlist is closed”

Thanks all.

12 Likes

Source: Email from Haverford Admissions

2 Likes

Good point. I have added my source.

2 Likes

Williams emailed students today to say that they are unable to admit anyone from the waitlist this year.

6 Likes

My daughter got an email today that BU closed their waitlist

4 Likes

Portal update and email… the UChicago WL for this year has been closed, and they aren’t making anymore gap year offers. See you next cycle CC! (on a gap year for my current school, may apply to US schools again if I feel like torturing myself again)

2 Likes

Case Western Reserve closed their waitlist last Wednesday.

1 Like

The College of The Holy Cross (Worcester) - received 5/8/22… “Due to the number of students who have accepted our offer of admission, we are currently at our target class size. While we typically enjoy the opportunity to admit a small number of students from the waitlist we are unable to do so at this time.”

They do then offer an option to remain on a “summer waitlist” for any last minute spaces opening due to finances, cold feet etc.

1 Like

Kenyon closed the waitlist today per neighbor.

1 Like

MIT is not going to the waitlist

"Thank you for your patience while remaining on the wait list. I’m writing to tell you that we will not be admitting anyone from our wait list this year, and therefore we are unable to offer you admission to MIT.

I want you to know that we have not made this decision lightly. Every year, we hope to take students off the wait list, and most years we do. However, this year we had a record number of admitted students enroll as members of the Class of 2026.

I know this is likely disappointing news for you, but we want you to know that we think you are awesome, and we are certain that you will continue to have a huge impact on the world around you. We appreciate the time and effort it took you to apply, and the patience you showed by remaining on the wait list; we regret that we do not have more room.

On behalf of the entire MIT Admissions staff, we wish you all the very best."

1 Like

Out of curiosity, and by way of comparison, on the boarding/prep school threads, the general advice is that just because you received the “WL is closed” message doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone has received the same message.

Generally speaking (and I know YMMV), is it different for colleges/universities? In others, when College X says its WL is closed, is it closed for everyone?

1 Like

IME, yes. When the list is closed, it’s closed across the board.

Unlike prep schools, colleges are admitting to a single class (transfer WL’s are totally separate). Plus the notification is usually on the portal, not targeted emails.

1 Like

Agree - with this info on Kenyon based on an email received asking an accepted and enrolled student to consider deferring for a year.

1 Like

Interesting info.

Bowdoin sent out it’s press release with final numbers in the incoming class: they enrolled 521 when they targeted 500. Yield rate was 60% again this year, as it was last year. My son is not on the waitlist (he’s attending Bowdoin) so I don’t know if this means the WL is closed. But generally schools only release enrollment data when they are finished. Like Williams, it seems like they couldn’t admit anyone from WL this year. Diverse Class of 2026 Includes Bowdoin’s First Community College Transfer Students | Bowdoin College

2 Likes

It would appear that GW is also complete, received a few minutes ago:

“Thank you for your interest in the George Washington University and for your patience on our waitlist. This year, GW received more than 27,000 applications for first-year admissions, and currently, we are at capacity for our entering class this fall. Therefore, we will not be admitting anyone from the waitlist this year.”

2 Likes

Columbia waitlist is now closed per portal update today.

1 Like

I know someone whose update yesterday was that he would placed on an “extended waitlist” (through June 30) at Columbia. It sounds like it isn’t closed, but smaller after releasing some applicants who were on it.

1 Like