Wesleyan Fall of 2023 Early Decision Thread

Hey I noticed we didn’t have a thread for people applying ED to Wesleyan! Here we can share our nervousness!
What are your stats?
Why did you choose Wesleyan early Decision?
Will you be submitting test scores?
Are you applying for Financial Aid?

My daughter applied ED…crossing fingers! She literally fell in love with the campus, the vibe and the whole personality of the school when she visited. She didn’t get that feeling at any other schools she was considering.
She is submitting ACT scores and is not applying for financial aid.
What about you?

1 Like

I am not submitting SAT which makes me pretty worried. I visited last spring and automatically fell in love. I had visited Wesleyan first and it made all the other colleges feel less special.
My stats are:
3.92-unweighted GPA
4.26-weighted GPA
EXTRACURRICULORS
Gardening Club
Novel Writing Club (creator)
Book Club (Creator)
Gay Straight Alliance
D&D Club
Story Time In the Park (Every summer multiple times a week volunteering)
Interlochen Arts Academy (Summer camp I was selected for based on the novel I wrote)
Job: I’m a hostess at a breakfast restaurant every Saturday and Sunday
ESSAY
My school spends a month focused on writing college essays and I feel mine was great.
LORS
English teacher and biology teacher. (The English teacher I got a recommendation from is known to write amazing letters of recs and she only writes for her favorite students)
DEMOGRAPHICS
African American
Puerto Rican
Female
INTERVIEW
I had an absolutely amazing interview but I’m not sure how much that is weighted. I actually went over the time limit and me and the student had a conversation about our identities’.
MID YEAR GRADES
These aren’t submitted until later but so far I have all A’s though, my exams are in December which could either bump me up or down a letter grade.
FINANCIAL AID
I am applying for financial Aid but I’m not sure if I’ll get much from FAFSA.

2 Likes

It has just been announced that decisions will come out this weekend! There was no time included but in the past two years it was Saturday around three.

Could you link to the announcement? Is it from Wesleyan?

It’s a post on there official Instagram: Wesleyan University on Instagram: "Greta applied in early decision 1…which comes out THIS weekend! Make sure you’re checking your emails 📧👀"
Did you also apply?

Thanks so much! Our daughter applied early. Please keep us posted. And we will do the same! Fingers crossed!!!

2 Likes

Decisions are out! I got in! (I’m an international student :))

I got in!!! I’m from Michigan, look forward to meeting you!

1 Like

Congrats! I’m still in shock, I don’t know what to do, I can’t wait to meet you on campus!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Our daughter got in, too! Coming from Houston, Texas!

2 Likes

Congrats! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t wait! They posted a video on instagram saying there decisions were out it was cute.
I have a random question but what are you guys intended majors?
( I’m thinking biochem and english)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’ll be majoring in Psycholgy

1 Like

My daughter got in too!! We are from Long Island, N. She will be majoring in Psychology and Biochem.
She is on instagram if you want me to introduce you!
Let me know!

There’s actually an instagram page for us! Wesleyan_2027. People message five pictures and a bio and they post it so people can interact! I’m Daelisse and the second person to post so I’m near the end of the posts.