When is the application deadline TIME?

Most school deadline are tomorrow (ahh!) January 15 but are there any specifics concerning the time at which you must submit?

I assume you are applying to US schools. You can submit your application at any time until 11:59:59 p.m. EST (January 15).

I would assume so as well. I always wonder what someone thinks when they see something submitted at 11pm …

I don’t think that they really care how last-minute you turn it in, as long as it’s in!

By the way, if you are submitting an app via Gateway (eg Hotchkiss, Groton, Choate, etc.), the time and date stamp on the site is not EST. I think it is the same as GMT?

In any event. if you were to submit something at 11:59EST on 1/15 via Gateway, you would see a time and date that is the next morning (+5hr or so iirc). Do not panic. The site indicates that schools adjust the time to their local time (iirc; please make sure).

This is what Gateway says:
The Submitted date you see for each item in your Checklist is the UTC date used by all Gateway member schools. The schools are aware of this and as long as you are able to submit the form the school will receive it. If you have any questions about the submission date and acceptance of an application item after the deadline, please contact the school directly.

It’s not fun submitting things that close to the deadline especially with time zone variances (I have done this a lot in my career)… I don’t recommend it. Get it finished with time to spare and celebrate your hard work. Congrats!!!