Williams College Waitlist 2024

Hi Im currently waitlisted at Williams and I noticed there’s no discussion, which is why I started this one.

I was just about to start one! Thank you for creating this thread. How is everyone doing, with Covid in full swing across the globe? I hope everyone’s safe and healthy.

I am merging two duplicate threads. This is now the waitlist thread.
On the other thread, @evysee also asked:

@evysee I don’t think admissions appreciates you sending them more information, unless there’s been a significant change in your situation. However, since you asked, here are the emails of admissions.

https://www.williams.edu/admission-aid/connect/meet-our-team/

Class of '20

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist from Williams? Over the last 2 weeks, I’ve gotten off the list for Lehigh and UMich. Hoping for Williams too.

I don’t think Williams has activated the waitlist yet. They might sometime soon though.

I hope so. Need to make decisions soon

@bkatguy – Williams joined a number of colleges that extended their RD acceptance deadline from May 1 to June 1 because of Covid-19. They won’t look at their waitlist until after June 1 when they’ve digested who has accepted, what the college’s needs still are, and how many people they can take off the waitlist. But that’s dependent on who sends in their deposits by June 1. If they still need some athletes, or an oboist, or someone to eventual run the Outing Club, they’ll reach out to who they need after June 1.

Thanks for the info. I guess I’ll need to commit somewhere else and see how it goes. Good luck to all.

I’m off the waitlist!

Congrats! When did you send you LOCI in? Or better said when did you accept your waitlist offer?!

Hiya. Someone on Reddit was contacted by Williams yesterday (by email) that an update was posted to their portal… they were taken off the waitlist and offered a place. I didn’t get the impression that this person was an athlete. So Fyi- Williams is pulling from the waitlist, before June 1. I find this interesting, too.

Committed to Michigan. I guess if they are pulling off of Williams waitlist, a reconsideration might be in order. Cross that bridge if I get to it.

That’s great! Did you post that on Reddit? If not, that makes two of you!

@jjaguar125 – congratulations! That also means Williams is not immune to a big drop in commitments already apparent at other schools, since they receive emails from those who have chosen elsewhere, or are deferring and taking a gap year.

Congratulations to all getting off the waitlist. Just don’t give up hope if you don’t hear something until later this summer. Good luck!

@jjaguar125 and others: panicked elite colleges pulling early from waitlists, confirmed by the NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/01/us/coronavirus-college-enrollment.html

Im also on the waitlist, haven’t heard of anything from them yet - good luck to everyone who sees this!

My son got in off the waitlist - received email on Saturday.

Congrats! Did Williams require your son to confirm the acceptance within few days or he can wait till June 1st to commit?

Yes, I got off the waitlist on Saturday too.

Edit: @above: they give you until June 1, thank God.