#1 and #2 have fallen! Bama can get into the BCS!

<p>Win next week and win the SEC and Bama is in the BCS!!!</p>

<p>This is so awesome. I had a feeling this would happen. Now we just gotta beat Auburn, then Jawga, and on to beating the Irish!</p>

<p>We will be in T-town tomorrow for Thanksgiving week… Bet the mood on campus is going to be flying high now!</p>

<p>Getting to town tomorrow just in time for the volleyball game against Auburn. Can’t wait for that.</p>

<p>Roll Tide! :)</p>

<p>OMG, (I am such bad luck I had to turn off the Oregon/Stanford game before the OT) How exciting!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>So cool! Just had a feeling it would happen. RTR!!</p>

<p>Sweet deja vu!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>We were in town and drove through the strip after the games around 11:30. How crazy and fun! Pretty sure second son doesn’t have a chance to want to go anywhere else now (it was a combo trip to visit oldest son because he is not coming home for thanksgiving due to iron bowl and a campus visit for hs senior son).</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE!!!</p>

<p>Just a thought. If Notre Dame loses to USC, and Bama wins out, could that set up a Florida-Bama showdown for the BCS title?</p>

<p>Oh, you can hear the screams over that possibility…</p>

<p>DD ( she is a student at a Big 10) and I watched both games and scared our poor dogs to death because of all of the screaming and dancing around! She has become a huge Bama fan because of her baby brother. We haven’t heard from him yet but I’m sure he had a late night on the strip or at his fraternity. My poor husband missed the fun because he went to watch Bucky lose to Ohio State but his mood changed when he got home! This Crimson Tide family is jubilant this morning :).</p>

<p>Roll Tide Roll!</p>

<p>Heavy lies the head that wears the crown…truer words were never spoken.</p>

<p>As an outside observer with no dog in this fight (just happy my Wolverines are at least on the way back to relevance) I think Bama is in the catbird seat in just about any scenario now. My predictions…FWIW.</p>

<ol>
<li>Notre Dame will lose to USC…mostly because I hate Notre Dame. Hopefully Matt Barkley plays and it’s a blowout. At large BCS bid at best.</li>
<li>Winner of SEC Title game is pretty much guaranteed a spot in BCS Championship. It’s essentially a home game for Georgia, but if anybody can beat them in the Georgia Dome it’s Bama. Bama wins…on to the Championship game.</li>
<li>Kansas St. losing badly to Baylor takes them out of the running, even if they win out and win the Big 12 title.</li>
<li>Florida (even if it finishes with one loss) won’t advance without making it’s own conference’s title game.</li>
<li>Stanford lets down after beating the Ducks and loses to UCLA next week. Oregon beats Oregon St, plays and beats UCLA for the PAC-12 Championship. Ducks win and move on to BCS Championship game.</li>
<li>BCS Championship - Bama vs Oregon. Classic offense vs defense matchup, and Stanford showed last night how a great defense can shutdown even the flashiest of offenses. Bama wins the National Championship.</li>
<li> In the unlikely event Notre Dame wins next week at USC, I’m perfectly happy with the alternate ending where Bama destroys Notre Dame in the BCS Championship game. Did I mention I’m not a fan of the Irish??</li>
</ol>

<p>Bah. </p>

<p>I want a rematch.</p>

<p>Vu Ja De…the football gods are smiling on the Crimson Tide Nation…one of the best night for college football in a long time…I want to have Notre Dame in the National Championship so that they can get a beat down…ROLL TIDE</p>

<p>Somebody tell me…is Notre Dame as good as their record would indicate? Really haven’t been following them this year…how do they stack up against Bama?</p>

<p>RTRMom2…In my (admittedly biased) opinion, they are not nearly as good as their record would indicate. As a dedicated but realistic life-long Michigan fan, I can directly compare Bama and Notre Dame based on their performances against my Wolverines as well as their seasons as a whole. </p>

<p>Bama completely outplayed Michigan from start to finish, and the game wasn’t as close as the 41-14 score looks…as bad as that sounds. Michigan’s defense has made a lot of progress throughout the season and the score might be closer if they played again now, but it was a first class butt whippin’.</p>

<p>Michigan played Notre Dame 3 weeks after the Bama game and were it not for 6 (yes, six!!!) turnovers, including 5 interceptions on 5 straight passes they would’ve handily beaten Notre Dame in South Bend. Notre Dame’s offense could only manage 13 points against Michigan’s defense that day, and their offense hasn’t shown much improvement that I’ve seen as the year has progressed. </p>

<p>The Irish are managing to win games, and there’s something to be said for that, but they’ve had 2 wins in overtime and 2 squeaker wins against mediocre BYU and Purdue teams. They’re similar to Bama in that their defense is their strength, but Bama’s overall offense is much better than ND’s. In a BCS championship game matchup of a freshman quarterback (talented as he is) against a Bama defense with a month to prepare…advantage Bama.</p>

<p>what a great sense of community this brings! I love how the police officer is going along with the revelry, just making sure nobody gets hurt. [Bama</a> fans swarm Strip to celebrate Oregon, K-State upsets (photos, video) | al.com](<a href=“http://blog.al.com/tuscaloosa/2012/11/bama_fans_swarm_strip_to_celeb.html]Bama”>Bama fans swarm Strip to celebrate Oregon, K-State upsets (photos, video) - al.com)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Hey, Wolverine86, now that my Spartans are heading south on their journey back to irrelevance, may I say that I concur with your analysis in its entirety. :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Wolverine86 stated:
4. Florida (even if it finishes with one loss) won’t advance without making it’s own conference’s title game.</p>

<p>Need I remind you that was the same situation that 'Bama was in last year. 'Bama did not go to their conference game. It could very well be another all SEC Championship again, but I personally think the pollsters will manipulate the polls to avoid this. The polls are a big factor in the computer rankings, hence this is how they may keep Florida out. Jump a one loss Oregon, K State or Notre Dame ahead of Florida and the computer rankings would be skewed away from Florida. It will be interesting!</p>

<p>My son called me during the game yesterday and said the MDB was playing gospel songs for their halftime show. God heard our prayers and they were answered. Amen and Roll Tide!</p>