1)Hows the business program; 2) how bad is the weather?...

<p>1)Hows the business program?
since i wanna major in business, can anyone tell me about their undergrad biz program>? is it wellknown and well-recruited?</p>

<p>2) how bad is the weather?
ive heard its SUPER cold. is it bearable though :(?</p>

<p>3)What are other good things/ bad things about this school that i should consider?</p>

<p>Thanks =D</p>

<ol>
<li> Very good. 450 compnies recruited there last year</li>
<li> It gets cold some days. It is not always cold. Today it will be in the 70's</li>
<li> It's a good school. Some kids drink too much. Town and campus are awesome. You don't need a car at all.</li>
</ol>

<p>the classes are tough, so ull be glad u have the weekends to look forward to here.</p>

<p>Winter is a good time to do the studying you're supposed to do. Last winter was an exceptionally snowy one, but nothing compared to the lake effect snow belt. Temperatures aren't as bad as in many areas and cold weather often brings sunshine, unlike the Pacific Northwest's rainy winters. During most of the school year no air conditioning is desired, unlike the south. Every climate has its pros and cons. People have fun with winter, still plenty to do. </p>

<p>The kind of campus people stay at on weekends, plenty to do on and around the campus.</p>

<p>so do many ppl do ice-skating all those sorta of activities?
would one b looked down if he/she doesn't know how to?</p>

<p>why do all intl students wnat to do business programs</p>

<p>because thz what i want to do i gues.....</p>

<p>what exactly do you want to do? If you REALLY wanted to do BUSINESS, you would not major in business for undergrad. How can you do business in an area in which you have no understanding in? It's a hollow degree.</p>

<p>Guideme: The business degree is not a hallow degree. People study business undergrad so they can be recruited by businesses. Many businesses will only actively recruit business majors so it makes it a lot easier for employment if you have a business degree.</p>

<p>Regarding ice skating- only if you choose to. There are hard core runners out there but they can run indoors at the Shell in the winter. Large enough campus that there is much diversity in activities chosen by students.</p>

<p>The most important thing about getting into business is getting that first good job. UW business grads get good jobs. So it is not a hollow degree whatsoever. With the implosion of the Ivy oriented financial services industry, business grad will even be at a greater advantage in getting a good first job. Ivy grads might be facing much tougher times.</p>