10 Weeks Until Move Out

<p>Seems crazy but it’s only 10 weeks until our kids are home for the summer.</p>

<p>Unbelievable that the year is going so fast. I am looking forward to seeing my S for spring break, and then I bet it will seem like nothing until we are moving him home.</p>

<p>Wow I didn’t realize only 10 weeks left!</p>

<p>Once they are home for a week or so, we’ll be counting down the days until they go back and our homes and quiet and clean again!</p>

<p>Class2012Mom: I want to know how you keep your home clean and quiet. I have a 16-year-old junior here. Does not happen. … Meanwhile, my older son will graduate from Bama. Going to be fun bringing all his things back to VA.</p>

<p>momreads - my UA son is my baby. Is your older son moving back home after graduation?</p>

<p>We will provably use one of those “pick up-store-deliver” services for move out. Anyone have more info on them?</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>

<p>Vlines- I just registered my D for the service from dorm room movers. It sounds a little pricey, but not anywhere near as pricey as me flying out there, renting a car, etc etc. We are in CA and my D doesn’t have a car on campus so our options are limited. It is $39 to register then you pay by the box.</p>

<p>Was that the one that emailed us a survey awhile back?</p>

<p>I’m not positive but I think the survey came from UA Housing. I think I heard about dorm room movers on CC. [Services</a> offered at The University of Alabama | Dorm Room Movers](<a href=“http://www.dormroommovers.com/Services-at-The-University-of-Alabama]Services”>College moving, storage & shipping made simple | Dorm Room Movers)</p>

<p>Looks like they are offering 20% off storage for early sign up. </p>

<p>Anyone use dorm room movers in the past and can give a review of their service? </p>

<p>I hope that the reviews are positive since this service or one like it was what we hoped to use for our DS. We were hoping to ship the items ahead for August move-in and have them delivered on move-in day.</p>

<p>Nybama, I shipped boxes to the ups store (shopping center next to public) before school started and they held them till move in date. Very nice people to deal with. I then did a big site to store order from Walmart. It all worked perfectly. Any move in questions feel free to pm me.</p>

<p>I have a lot to get done in these next ten weeks. :slight_smile: Starting this week, I’m moving to having a minimal amount of stuff in my room and only buying what I need. </p>

<p>Sure it might be a couple dollars more expensive than waiting until May and using my FedEx account or having it as checked luggage, but as soon as I fill up a box with stuff that needs to go home, I’m walking over to the Ferguson Center post office and shipping it home via standard post. </p>

<p>Shipping boxes to the Paty Hall package delivery center or its soon to be announced replacement before move-in is easy and doesn’t cost anything extra.</p>

<p>Sea_tide, are you a senior? If so, what are your future plans?</p>

<p>We definitely shipped to Paty about 10 days prior to move in. Worked great. </p>

<p>We are trying to figure out what to do for packing and summer storage between Freshman and Sophomore years. </p>

<p>Class2012Mom: I suspect we will have him home for a short while. As for his stuff, it probably will be here longer than he will.</p>

<p>lattelady, yes I am a senior. My future plans are up in the air for the moment as the positions I’m most qualified for tend to hire right before the start date. Much of my stuff is already at my family’s house, so that won’t be a big change. :)</p>

<p>Sea_Tide, do you plan on entering the work force immediately? Thought you might go for a PhD? I wish you the best in whatever you choose. You have been a great help to my DS! Thank you!</p>