2.8 in Engineering

I am a rising Junior with a 2.8 in Biological Systems Engineering. I know most internships want at least a 3.0, am I doomed for getting jobs my junior year?

Hey,
I may not be able to help you because i am a incoming freshman. But I am sure you will do just fine.

But I want to know how difficult has been VT Engineering overall?

I’m sure you know that high school students have to send end of the year transcripts, how strict are they on their policy?

Thanks

Actually I was denied admission into the college of engineering as a freshman. I finally switched in December of my sophomore year.
Engineering is very difficult hahaa but as long as you keep up with your work and get help when you need it you’ll be fine.
I think as long as you your grades don’t dramatically change you’ll be fine. I’ve never heard of anyone getting kicked out after they’ve been accepted. Just don’t completely slack off in whatever time you have left.
Congrats on the acceptance! You’re gonna love it at Tech :slight_smile:

I know a kid interested in transferring from a private selective school to Tech for biological systems engineering. They would transfer in junior year, but have a 2.99 Cumulative average. Tech says they want a 3.0 for engineering transfers. This person might take classes at a Virginia community college for Ds they got at the private engineering school Do you think Tech would take this person if they took community classes as a junior?

I don’t know but I would be concerned that this kid was getting “D’s” at the private engineering school. Engineering is a tough major anywhere. What would be different for this kid at Virginia Tech? Has this student tried to work with the school to improve the GPA and things there before thinking of transferring?