2.8 student sophmore year - 4.0 junior year

<p>let’s say that their a hypothetical situation where a current high school sophmore got a 2.8 - 3.0 unweighted gpa his sophmore year in a very good public school with extremely challenging courses.</p>

<p>if he just takes normal classes his junior year, with one or two hard ones, and gets a 3.8 unweighted gpa. which this hypothetical person plans to do next year, what ucs would he be looking at if he graduated in 2010?</p>

<p>as a sophmore he got a 176 on the psat, and will most likely do a lot better if he studies and as time goes on.</p>

<p>his ecs are pretty good, and everything else is pretty good</p>

<p>he just didn’t try hard his sophmore year because of lazyiness / boring teachers, but is smart.</p>

<p>what ucs would he be looking at??</p>

<p>You probably have a chance at UC Irvine, Davis, Santa Barbara. Overall GPA of this person is in the 3.3 - 3.4 range, which to be honest, is below average for the mentioned UCs. Likely for UC Riverside, Merced, not sure about Santa Cruz, it sure did surprise me for this year's admission.</p>

<p>No one can comment about the future, but this year, a 3.4 and 1800 Sat1s would not get you in anywhere but ucr and merced. UCsc would be 50-50.</p>

<p>I had a 3.3 UW and a 1960. Got into SB D and I. Just don't give up and put a lot of work into the essays this summer. Good luck!</p>

<p>It would be hard to get into the top/mid UCs for sure. UCR and maybe UCSC would be a good fit. It maybe a bit harder in two years since the college age population peaks at 1992 supposedly. Anyways, UCs are definitely are all getting really competitive unfortunately at a time when the education budget is being squeezed by the insensitive and backward policies of the governator.</p>

<p>i had a 2030 and 3.54 uc gpa. didnt get in anywhere cept riverside.</p>

<p>^ damn eggroll. Bad luck huh? Sounds pretty unfair.</p>

<p>yeah hahahaha</p>

<p>I went to school in Finland before I came here and my GPA was about 3.4 or something. I came to the US my junior year and got 4.0 every semester since then. I have lame EC's, 1750 SAT, I've only taken 2 AP classes, and I got into UCSB, UCM, UCSC, rejected from UCLA & Cal (of course, lol), and UCI. So you definitely should keep working hard and not give up. And write good essays, that will help you a lot.</p>

<p>Im a Junior who was in the same exact boat as you are in now. I ended my sophemore year with a 2.67 weighted UC GPA. This year I have gotten 11 straight A's all in A-G classes, and in 2 honors classes(US History Hon, and American Lit Hon) and now my UC Gpa is around a 3.77 weighted. Next year I think Im gonna have a pretty good shot.</p>

<p>My Advice: Take art classes first semester. I took ceramics, painting, and American Lit Honors in one half of the year, and recieved a 4.3 for two semesters. Then I was in the groove of getting A's rather than B's and C's, and this semester I got straight A's in US Hist honors, Alg 2, Spanish 2, and Special Studies English. </p>

<p>Peace</p>

<p>I got 3.3 and 1920, didnt get in anywhere cept Merced.</p>

<p>^ it's a tough life.</p>

<p>I also had a 2.8 weighted and unweighted gpa during sophomore year. Then I got a 3.33 uw/ 4.0 w for first semester and 3.5 uw/4.17w. And that averaged out to a 3.54 uc gpa.</p>

<p>I got into Davis, SB, SC but rejected from Irvine, SD.
I also had 1880 SAT and some decent Ec's.</p>

<p>If you want to boost your UC GPA, take a summer school class at your local CC or UC. Classes taken before fall of your senior year count in your uc gpa.</p>

<p>Probably UCR and UCM, with a small chance for UCSC.</p>

<p>I had a 3.0 sophmore year and a 4.2 junior year with a 33 act and only got into UCSB</p>