2 hotel rooms?

<p>Hey, so my daughter and I will be driving down for BB in early June. We’re staying in the dorms for 2 nights, but will be getting a hotel for one night.</p>

<p>So, my mother … her g’ma … has decided to come with us, so I’ve made all the BB dorm room changes to accommodate another person. However, I’m looking for advice on hotels that have good deals if I need to book two rooms for one night. Obviously, I don’t want to break the bank.</p>

<p>Umm … I’m NOT sleeping in the same room with MY mother! :-)</p>

<p>Any ideas are welcome.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Try to find a suites hotel that has a separate room if that will work with G’ma. Otherwise, you’ll need to book 2 rooms.</p>

<p>I don’t think T-town has a Residence Inn, but there are other suites hotels.</p>

<p>[tuscaloosa</a> hotel - Google Search](<a href=“tuscaloosa hotel - Google Search”>tuscaloosa hotel - Google Search)</p>

<p>This link might give suites only hotels</p>

<p>[tuscaloosa</a> hotel - Google Search](<a href=“tuscaloosa hotel - Google Search”>tuscaloosa hotel - Google Search)</p>

<p>T-town needs an Embassy Suites and a Residence Inn!!</p>

<p>However, depending on what night it is, 2 rooms at Holiday Inn Express or 2 rooms at Hampton Inn may be about the same…and you’ll get 2 bathrooms that way.</p>

<p>There is a Home Towne Suites close to campus that offers a variety of room types. It’s slightly more expensive than the adjacent Home Towne Studios, but is newer.</p>

<p>Ambassador Inn is nice and usually has pretty good rates ($70 range). </p>

<p>Since Grandma is going you should book the senior rate at whatever property you choose to save a few extra bucks.</p>

<p>We’ve had good experiences with home away; might be nice to have the extra room:
[Tuscaloosa</a> vacation lodge rental: Beautiful Lake Tuscaloosa Lodge](<a href=“http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p336170]Tuscaloosa”>Fish Creek Vacation Rentals, Wisconsin: house rentals & more | Vrbo)</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! I see what I can find.</p>

<p>the home away link wont work for one night (two night min.). and they often charge a cleaning fee as well.</p>

<p>I stay at Home town Suites all the time.</p>

<p>Last spring I traveled with both Grandmas down to Tuscaloosa as my D was being inducted into a Honorary.</p>

<p>They upgraded us to a 2 Bedroom 2 Bath Suite because the room I had booked was no longer available. Which worked great fo us. Hometown Suites has a full kitchen, full size fridge and in my opinion comfortable beds. Again ask for back building or Suites the “Studios” are not as nice. </p>

<p>Across from Home Depot and Target on Veterens Memorial Parkway so close to Mall and Midtown !</p>

<p>Also if staying in dorms may want a little stepping stool for Grandma as the beds will be in the highest mini loft position…which is a little high.</p>

<p>We got the Microtel Inn And Suites Tuscaloosa-University for $71 a night for June2nd BB.</p>

<p>We stayed at the Home-Towne Suites also and really liked it. We booked there again in August for move in. You can get a better price on Priceline. Our queen studio with two queen beds is $65 a night plus tax.</p>

<p>The Microtel-University is a nice property. It’s only a few years old and is in a very convenient location with easy access to the mall, midtown village, and The University.</p>

<p>Have fun at Bama Bound, and welcome to The University of Alabama.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>