2 questions

<p>Anyone have suggestions, and does anyone know how competitive the lacrosse team is? Yes, 2 unrelated questions, but I am trying to find any way I can serperate the schools i got into.</p>

<p>P.S. How much free time (such as for lacrosse) would an engineering student have?</p>

<p>Check out Purdue's LAX website for previous season records and more: <a href="http://www.purduelacrosse.com/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.purduelacrosse.com/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>It is a club sport at Purdue so the commitment wouldn't be as intense. Why not e-mail one of the club officers or coach and ask about it? As far as the Big 10 is concerned, only Ohio State and Penn State have intercollegiate lax programs. Michigan's is a varsity club program.</p>

<p>Yeah, I've been to the website, I emailed the club president, and I haven't recieved a response in about 3 weeks. I don't think it looks too competitive or rigorous. I saw the 2 practice, 2 workout sessions a week schedule. I applied to Michigan, haven't recieved a response yet, but I should find out in a couple weeks. I think I have a slight chance of playing at Michigan. I went to the camp there last summer, and got a good idea of how competitive their team is. It's jsut that I've always heard that engineering students usually need to study more and might not have the time to commit to a lax team.</p>

<p>My son also went to Michigan's summer camp and interviewed with Head Coach John Paul last fall. Their varsity club program is definitely a big step up from a typical club team. They're very competitive, big travel schedule, big commitment. We didn't see much difference from being a full intercollegiate program. Of course, they usually place #1 or #2 in their division every year. Some schools also have intramural programs which would be strictly recreational. That might work well with a demanding engineering curriculum.</p>

<p>Well I just hope to get in to Michigan. It's my #1 choice after Army and Navy. But as of now, Purdue is probably my top choice of the schools I've gotten in. If I go to Michigan, I think I might want to just work with the team through some other means other than playing. I still want to be part of some team in college, even if it means that I'm not playing.</p>