2006 accepted stats

<p>i would say that my stats are about average for those who got accepted into vtech last year BUT i've been really nervous that i won't get accepted since it's getting more competetive this year. so i was wondering if anyone who got into vtech can post their stats to help me? i also heard that as long as you ahve over a 3.5 you're in...is that true?</p>

<p>No, getting a 3.5+ GPA will not garantee you acceptance to Virginia Tech. I knew someone from high school that had a GPA above 4.0 and a poor SAT score and was rejected. I am not sure of the specifics of his score, but I know that he was one of the top 10 people in our class, and was a very very very hard worker...but didnt test well.</p>

<p>well if ur 3.5 is UW, im sure you'll get in with a mid 1200 SAT score. Im not sure how competitve they are getting this year, but tech overal isnt a competitive school. According to Collegeboard, they have a 72% acceptance rate. I dont think you should worry too much :)</p>

<p>Make sure you read the article that was recently posted on the main page of <a href="http://www.vt.edu%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.vt.edu&lt;/a> before you make too many assumptions. This year is a little different.</p>

<p>yea, i posted the article in a previous thread. that is an old acceptance rate. it will probably be in the 60's this year.</p>

<p>I got in with a 2.8 and a 1370 old SAT</p>

<p>I got a likely letter, actually</p>

<p>which major did u apply to brown bomber</p>

<p>Mathematics</p>

<p>and Im from Jersey (OOS)</p>

<p>On another thread this BrownBomber posted that he had a 3.4 GPA and a 1580 SAT. This is a bit strange. Check out his thread where he posted with regard to his chances to various Ivy League schools.</p>

<p>what average gpa and sat do u need for engineering? how is vtech's physics dept? how is math dept? is it possible to do mechE and physics double major or something with them together?</p>

<p>The other post Im trolling</p>

<p>well nt really, its a good fried of mines stats</p>

<p>these are my real stats</p>

<p>I wonder when they send these likely letters, or if they are all sent. I have a 3.4 UW/3.8 W 1430 on SATs 33 ACTs.</p>

<p>The likely letters are typically sent to top applicants whom they hope will choose to matriculate.</p>

<p>Stunnas Stats are probably better than mine</p>

<p>I applied to a fairly easy major (not engineering or business)</p>

<p>that may be part of it</p>

<p>when did u get the likely?</p>

<p>maybe 3-4 weeks ago?</p>

<p>I didn't get a likely letter, but I got an app for the Honors University Application. Does anyone know how good the benefits are of honors engineering? I'm considering honors (if I get in-anyone know how competitive it is?) vt engineering vs. uva engineering. Thanks... maybe you can help VTEngineer ?</p>