<p>Logged onto MyUM today- You're a Cane! Congratulations!</p>

<p>690 Verbal, 620 Math, 710 Verbal
30 ACT
89.5 GPA
Great Essays (at least I think so)
Fantastic Recs
Lots of Theatre and Music ECs</p>

<p>what were your stats and from what country if you dont mind me asking.</p>

<p>congrats. are you sure you have a 3.2 as you wrote, is that correct. they told me 4.1 was average GPA they accpeted so there is hope for us slackers if you did get in witha 3.2.(not to demean it, your scores on sat are great, everyone who write here has had a 4. 1 GPA so i was happy to see someone in my league. anyway great to hear you got in.</p>

<p>will it tell you on MyUM if you've been regected?</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>i'm ashamed of my stats! my SAT scores aren't that high at all but i guess they judged me on other things instead. after all it's not all about SATs. i can PM you the details if you want.</p>

<p>anyways, do you want to go to UM? i think not all letters are out yet so don't worry. goodluck.</p>

<p>i love chicken. i ate honey garlic chicken today. anyways:</p>

<p>"You're a Cane! Congratulations!"</p>

<p>730 Verbal, 610 Math, 640 Verbal
29 ACT
Top 3%
Great Essays and decent Recs
ECs focused on humanitarian work</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>yay. but are you going?</p>

<p>I'll go if someone nice pays the 20 grand I need. Or if I win the lottery. Whichever comes first.
Blackchicken: I love your name.</p>

<p>Yep, I definitely have something in the 3.2 range. I am at a competitive private FL school though- and Miami tends to like our students. </p>

<p>Thanks :)</p>

<p>am i the only one to get rejected so far? yikes!</p>

<p>"we looked very carefully....19000 applicants/2000 spots....yada yada yada"</p>

<p>ive gotten over it tho....u live and u learn</p>

<p>i think i am the only one that hasn't heard</p>

<p>Nah, a friend of my S's also hasn't heard back yet. Although he turned in his applicatio with like 4 minutes left to submit apps, LOL. He decided to apply after S and his friend both were accepted. So there is hope yet....</p>

<p>I haven't heard either, but I applied for musical theater, so that's a whole different animal... 2 different processes... I don't think I'll hear for another few weeks...</p>

<p>i have not herd either, but i called school and they said all should hear by monday, i am not expecting much... maybe the rejections are starting to roll out.</p>

<p>"You're a Cane! Congratulations!"
Deferred from Wharton- University of Pennsylvania
590 Verbal, 620 Math, 590 Writing
5/152
Awesome recs and essays
State musician and tennis player</p>

<p>Have any Internationals already HEARD about their decision?
Pls if there are write because I am so nervous...</p>

<p>yeah i'm an international and i heard since 13th march.</p>

<p>they are very quick for anything...if u havent hear yet, u should any day now</p>

<p>i got my reject last week and i finished the app. @ 10 PM the night it was due AND all my other doc. were extremely late....as in---they just got my transcript like 2 weeks ago and i already got a decision</p>

<p>i was waitlisted and i am very shocked/flattered by it. i thought i was going to get flat out rejected. i'm not accepting a place on the waitlist because umiami was my last choice although the most competitive school i applied to. </p>

<p>sat: 1260/1840
gpa: 3.4
great recs and loads of ecs
over 1000 in community service</p>

<p>i got in with a 33% tuition waiver. the acceptance letter came to my grandmothers house in florida. so i have not seen the fine print. but i am in, but does anyone know if these merit scholarships are for the full 4 years.
also, anyone know about the communications program there? I am not sure if i will go as i have a full scholarhsip at another small school, but it is not as good as UM. so i am confused at this point. If anyone is goin gto the april 2nd open house let me know haow it goes. i love overseas bit i did visit the school last summer and it is gorgeous. OK --my grandmothe who only lives 2 hours from UM wants me in vermont cause she feels UM is unsafe as far as crime.. any thoughts on this? thanks</p>