2008 Fall Admission Decisions

<p>I don't know about the rest of you, but I am running out of patience!! I did this entire process last year and it seemed to lag so much longer than it is now, but it doesn't mean I am not kicking myself over whether or not I got in again lol.</p>

<p>Does anyone know exactly when decisions come out? (I think it might be the same for transfers--or assuming, rather.)</p>

<p>bumppppp pppp</p>

<p>My daughter was told around March, 15th for Frost acceptances.</p>

<pre><code> Bob
</code></pre>

<p>so soon!! so soon!! I am tingling with anticipation!</p>

<p>I was accepted as a transfer for 08' in late February,good luck!</p>

<p>omg why is it taking so long then haha!! I wonder if it'll be up today!</p>

<p>On the Frost School of Music website, it says that decisions will be mailed mid-March.</p>

<p>petrels I sent you a pm a few days ago lol. Dunno if you got it?</p>

<p>I got in today, totally unexpected, I was actually checking for a USC decision since I heard they were coming out around this time.</p>

<p>The letter says that over 21,000 applied and they are only accepting 2,000. Good luck to you all, if you have any questions ask away.</p>

<p>This is kind of strange...I was cleaning out my room and I saw a letter from the University of Miami which was titled "Common Application Supplemental Form". I put it aside but then I noticed the UM ID #. I created a CaneID and password then I get a screen that says...</p>

<p>
[quote]

You have been admitted to the University of Miami. Please accept my warm welcome – and congratulations!</p>

<p>You and your family should be proud of the achievements and hard work that led to your acceptance. Our university takes most seriously the responsibility to admit students who not only have strong academic credentials, but who also bring special talents and skills to the quest for success in and out of the classroom.</p>

<p>This fall, you will join a select group of students who give as much to the educational enterprise at UM as they receive. You are now a Miami Hurricane, part of a vibrant, progressive university that is making its mark on the world. We will depend on you to help us make that mark – and to grow right along with us. Again, welcome to the University of Miami!</p>

<p>Best wishes,</p>

<p>Edward M. Gillis
Director of Admission</p>

<p>P.S. If you have not received your acceptance packet, it will arrive soon.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Aren't decisions in like a couple weeks or a month? I turned in my Common App to the University of Miami on January 15, 2008 Regular Decision...I didn't even turn in my "Common Application Supplemental Form" yet...?</p>

<p>Yeah same, Jan 15. A lot of schools give decisions earlier though. And the supplement had no essays or anything, just questions about legacy I believe.</p>

<p>Apparently I also got a Dean's Scholarship for $16,000/year...didn't notice until now.</p>

<p>I got in today, too! completely unexpected, but very happy!</p>

<p>wow i just checked. lol</p>

<p>scholarship info is mailed?</p>

<p>Yea, I was wondering the same thing. I can't go unless they give me a scholarship :P</p>

<p>Yeah, mailed, it's made to look like a diploma of some sorts, it's pretty ridiculous haha.</p>

<p>I didn't apply for financial aid, so I'm not sure about that being mailed, but scholarship stuff is.</p>

<p>OMGGOOOD I cannot wait to get my decisino haha. It's still not up I keep checking all the time (obsessively) so we'll see. congrats to all of yall!!</p>

<p>crap--they're only ACCEPTING 2000? Omg. COngrats :) you guys must be real qualified i'm not sure if i'm going to make it in this time around.</p>

<p>Don't say that...stay positive...since the people who have gotten decisions this soon seem to have all gotten scholarships of some sort, they probably haven't admitted the students eligible for lesser scholarships/no scholarships. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>10% acceptance rate for umiami? doesnt sound very believable</p>

<p>I misunderstood, it says they received "over 21,000" applicants for 2,000 spots. They'll obviously accept more than 2,000 as many accepted applicants will go elsewhere.</p>