2008 Fall Admission Decisions

<p>I really hope I get in....but my stats are way below average.</p>

<p>do they announce if ppl got into hpme too?</p>

<p>Mine are below too I think lol.</p>

<p>anyone else heard? mine stills ays its under review</p>

<p>got mine in the mail, with invitation to singer. dunno if i wanna go again since i already went to miami for hpme interviews.</p>

<p>AH! Anxiety. Congrats though bigreddawgie, and btw I like your username lol.</p>

<p>I just logged into myUM and was pleasantly surprised to see that I had been ACCEPTED! Haven't received anything in the mail yet, but I'm excited!</p>

<p>Just logged in for DS...thank G*d for college confidential, never would have thought the answer would be there already...His said congrats you are now a hurricane :). </p>

<p>For those still waiting remember people will turn down acceptances. So deferred means you still have a chance :)</p>

<p>mine says "application information received"
i want to knowww :(</p>

<p>yo tambien! (me too). Did you apply to frost? -- I only ask that because of your username lol.</p>

<p>Accepted!!! Really needed this boost after getting denied to UF.</p>

<p>ACT :Composite 30 Single Test 29
Sat: Math 690<br>
Reading 650
Writing 590 :(<br>
Single Test Sat</p>

<p>Sat 2- Math 1 740
Math 2 710</p>

<p>Physics Major. </p>

<p>Gpa- only 3.3 UW
3.9 W</p>

<p>AP Coures- Human Geography
Language
US History
Literature
Physics B
Calculus B</p>

<p>Rest Honors</p>

<p>Hope I get a scholarship though :)</p>

<p>Sorry to all those that got denied, I know exactly how it feels.</p>

<p>I was also accepted. I found out online yesterday and in the mail today. However, I am curious about scholarships. I've received a letter from Miami about their scholarships (presidential, dean, et al), and I'm not sure where I fit in (might have the SAT scores for one but not the GPA). But my biggest fear is that they send out scholarship notifications with their admissions notification, and if that is the case, I did not get a scholarship. So my question is: is that the case or do they send out a scholarship letter later? Also, they want verification forms for my FAFSA, but I do not think that plays into scholarship awards...but maybe it does.</p>

<p>i received my scholarship letter with my acceptance</p>

<p>scholarship comes with the acceptance</p>

<p>My S was rejected - stats as follows</p>

<p>SAT 2210/2400 1550/1600
SAT II Math 780
SAT II Physics 790
SAT II Chem 770
GPA 3.0 ish</p>

<p>Miami was his first choice</p>

<p>WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How the heck was he rejected???? Oh my gosh...I am so sorry. I know people that got in this year with a 1700 sat and a 3.2 gpa I don't get it!
Deepest sympathies. Where else is he looking?</p>

<p>yesss i applied to frost!</p>

<p>ouch neuromom his gpa hurt him bad. impressive sat scores though. im sure he can get into somewhere good</p>

<p>neuromom, I would call and ask why? maybe they did not think it was his first choice.</p>

<p>theatregirl! Good luck! Idk if I mentioned already I also auditioned at Frost and it's kinda hard to get into this year haha so I hope you do!</p>