2009 Admissions Decisions

<p>Haha, yeah Geneseo!
Modest or not modest, 2013 is ridiculously competitive. After getting deferred from Cornell, I don't know what to expect anymore.</p>

<p>Congratulations guys ! I registered for their overnight tour program on april 13~14th, so if anyone did the same, hopefully I'll meet you guys there !</p>

<p>13th-14? hey idk if i got that date.. weird my dates were like the first week of april. when'd you get your cornell deferral? from which of their schools? i haven't heard back from them...</p>

<p>I'm not sure if I'll go to the Geneseo Overnight Program, I might depending on where else I get in.
I got my Cornell deferral December 11th... I applied there ED.
I got deferred from Human Ecology, which doesn't do rolling.</p>

<p>what do you know about ILR? sent one there RD... but now i'm worried since i saw your ridiculous stats in some other post..</p>

<p>I applied to Geneseo more so because my counselor told me I should than for any other reason---don't really know much about it :-. It's pretty obvious that it's a very solid school with a respectable rep, so it's nice to have in my pocket. Like Chandler, however, I'm waiting on some very selective schools... still, if I ended up going to Geneseo, I don't believe I'd mind at all.</p>

<p>haha we're all in the same boat then</p>

<p>Haha many of us are on the same boat. If you were to chose between Geneseo and Binghamton, where would it be? Pretty hard eh? Equivalent as choosing between McDonalds and Burgerking ;)</p>

<p>chandlerbing, congrats. He is waiting for decisions from 8 others incl. Cornell - CAS. Did you apply early decision (to be deferred?)
accepted.
he has 2370/2400 (1580/1600), national merit fialist, gpa about 97 (most ap courses offered at school), many EC's. i am hoping that he gets some seletive schools. good luck to you. upstate ny.</p>

<p>Accepted.
1440/2160 SAT
3.8 GPA
Stellar Recs and Monster size EC list.</p>

<p>dbear: ILR and HumEc are very, very fit-based. I called the admissions officer who read my app (my guidance counselor called while I was in the room), and the lady told me that I was deferred because she wanted to see more how my extracurriculars tied in with the Human Ecology mission. I sent a letter of interest talking about that, but I don't know if it'll help for RD.
So even if you have the stats for Cornell, HumEc will still reject you if they're not convinced of your fit for the program. I'm pretty sure ILR is the same.
Ugh!</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone who was admitted!. Just looking at the stats posted...gaining admission is just flat out ridiculous...The standards just keep going up tremendously each year...
~ Geneseo Sophomore</p>

<p>aw mann.... but there aren't many ILR oppotunities available mainly cuz no one knew wth ILR was b4 looking at cornell!</p>

<p>Dbear, ILR is not easy to get into. I was defered with a 33 act and I also had an in depth internship with the afl-cio. I dont really think I could have fit any better but its rediculously competitive this year. I know of several people actually who had 33+ act's or 2200+ sats get defered from ILR this year. They want fit for sure.</p>

<p>so many kids from my school were waitlisted this year. Some with 4.0+ GPA's. Geneseo was def looking for over 1300 on SATs.</p>

<p>blaz---between Geneseo and Bing, I'm not sure. I applied to SOM for Bing but I hear Geneseo's business program is pretty good.</p>

<p>As for my reaches, I've given up on the Ivies. Hopkins would really make my life right now though, but then the financial issues step in... can't win, really.</p>

<p>So many wait lists? When I emailed admissions to see if there was anything I could to do enhance my chances of being admitted should spots become available, an adcom mentioned only 80 people are placed on the select wait list.</p>

<p>I know that most of you are entering freshmen, but I am a transfer who should still be a senior (graduated a year early), and i got my accepteance letter today! So we could be living amongst each other next year! CONGRATS TO EVERYONE</p>

<p>sean... i dont really know what the select wait list is. but supposedly on me and another kid got in.
im still in shock.
are there different waitlists??</p>

<p>A bunch of kids in my D's school got the guaranteed transfer for fall 2010, but they aren't on a waitlist.</p>