2009 Admitted Students of Color Reception

<p>Hey, I just went yesterday and had a great time on campus. Anyone here go as well? It seemed like most were from the Midwest.</p>

<p>dpattz, my son and I were there. I love the name of the event, "do you or do you not admit that you are a student of color?" :)</p>

<p>I could kick myself for not finding out your name so that we could meet you. I talked to one dad from texas (who was carrying around a parka). The most prevalent home town was Chicago. </p>

<p>Are you planning on doing the SCE? My son was not so sure about it because he would have to miss an annual event that is important to him, but he came out of the reception excited about SCE.</p>

<p>Where are you hoping to live? Even though we live about a mile from campus, my son decided that he is going to live on campus (hopefully Bradley).</p>

<p>Definitely live on campus instead of comuting- just said this to son and friends on the trip back to campus today. A friend lived a short distance and missed a lot at night (you don't go ringing parents' doorbells at 10 pm, even on weekends, asking for a friend).</p>

<p>I put Bradley as my first choice as well! </p>

<p>Yeah, that would have been nice to meet you....oh well. </p>

<p>Anyway, I was really excited about SCE as well, it sounded great. If I go to Madison I'll do it (if I get into the program).</p>