2010-2011 Year!

<p>How competitive do you think admission into the Fall 2010 Freshman Class will be? I think there will be a minimum GPA, and a lot of kids will get screwed over. I bet a 4.0 will be a necessity.
It's just getting so hard to get into Madison. I got in with a 3.5, and I was just lucky.
How much do you think the admissions standards will change by then?</p>

<p>Should level off because the number of HS kids will be leveling off.</p>

<p>are you saying it will be EASIER?</p>

<p>It will. This is the last 'competeitve' year for UW Madison. I even read it on their admissions site, they had a projected expectation of GPA, tests, etc. for upcoming years and they all fall beneath the current senior class.</p>

<p>Can I have a link to this? What GPAs are they expecting?</p>

<p>...bump...</p>

<p>yeah, I'd like to see those numbers too.</p>

<p>A 4.0 will never be necessary as there will always be students who could have the perfect grades but won't- the brilliant but bored for example. Don't worry too much about predictions, do your best and see how it unfolds.</p>

<p>I looked all around the site and i cant find this thing that vvvaaaappp in talking about.</p>

<p>I think this might be it. A little dated already.</p>

<p><a href="http://apa.wisc.edu/Projections/UWMadison_WI_Recruiting_Pool.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://apa.wisc.edu/Projections/UWMadison_WI_Recruiting_Pool.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>LMAO: "85% of kids in top 50% and ACT score at or above 22 are admitted to UW Madison..."
Yeah, its a little dated.</p>

<p>@ Barrons:</p>

<p>Are they really saying that 15% of students at Madison were in the bottom half of their class and had a lower than 22 ACT? I know for a fact that is simply BULLS#$T!!!</p>

<p>That's why it's dated. But the future numbers for HS grads should be pretty accurate as you don't create teenagers over night.</p>

<p>It's not that dated. 2004? Last time I checked the college game was what it is now.</p>

<p>I don't believe any of this!
How could it possibly be EASIER in 2 years?
HOW MUCH easier?
WHAT WILL THE TYPICAL FRESHMAN APPLICANT FOR 2010-2011 HAVE?
This is just sooo weird to me. lol.</p>

<p>According to the current chart someone with a top 50% rank would need to have over a 30 ACT just to have a 30% chance. </p>

<p><a href="http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>yes, it is a fact that after the high school class of 2009, the numbers will start to go down</p>

<p>less applicants... less people with top stats.... easier admissions</p>

<p>LOL... NO ONE HAS ANSWERED ME!!!
HOW - DO - YOU - KNOW???????
I'm not mad.. . just VERY curious, as this is for my sister.
If you are in the HS Graduating class of 2010, and want to enter Madison in FALL 2010..... ANY INFO!!
I would just like a good explanation of this</p>

<p>Nonagon, the truth is no one, including me, has a crystal ball. </p>

<p>There are a number of factors at play near future. Many of the new scholarship monies will go into effect next year and could significantly increase the yield and reduce admission offers. Financial support has been the top reason majority chooses to attend (and not to attend) UW.</p>

<p>Demand for limited OOS slots continue to grow in feeder states while the OOS enrollment is capped at 25%. I don't think IL and MN students will have an easier effort getting in soon. If the effort to increase that cap succeed, additional slots will come at the expense of IS since the target enrollment remains at 5600 per freshman class. </p>

<p>Personally, I could only see the admission standard going one way - up - unless UW suddenly loses its magic or prestige.</p>

<p>
[quote]
That's why it's dated. But the future numbers for HS grads should be pretty accurate as you don't create teenagers over night.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>According to their own admissions chart, the 15% number I citied is simply impossible. And generally speaking, it just makes no sense. Madison admits virtually no one with those stats unless they are recruited athletes or have extremely unique circumstances. I would guess this number accounts for, at most, 5% of any incoming class. Then, if one believes the 15% number to be true must take into account those that got slightly higher numbers, such as a 23 and top 40%, which would account for a good chunk of people. This is, once again, simply not the case.</p>

<p>On a personal note, my own brother was flatly REJECTED, despite being in the top 20%, a 29 ACT score and stellar ECs.</p>