2010-2011 Year!

<p>So 50% of you say it will get harder, and 50% of you say it will become easier.
I am just going to assume that it will remain at the same level of competition that it is at this year.</p>

<p>I think there's a 50% chance you are right.</p>

<p>4.0....unweighted...want money on that? No school in the history of Higher education has probably seen a leap like that in 10 months. Pull out your Princeton Review, (yes it's last year's numbers) but 4.0 as a cut off....find one school with a Cut off of 4.0 NOW. CRAZY TALK</p>

<p>There will always be gifted students who are admitted with imperfect grades. Perfect test scores, standardized and in the classroom, but not doing homework can lower a grade to a B. The students with the best knowledge base are not always the ones with the best grades.</p>

<p>For the people that are HIGH SCHOOL SOPHOMORES RIGHT NOW: I think it should be a little easier for them, and gradually get easier every year after this year.</p>

<p>What may be the case is more pressure to have harder class schedules and more pressure for ECs. This might lead to a decline in grades and test scores due to little time to prepare and little time for sleep.</p>

<p>HottestGirlEver... I really hope that you're right. I'm a HS Sophomore right now and I really hope to get in for Fall 2010. My GPA is hanging around a 3.0 and that's scaring the hello out of me, however I'm getting straight A's now. AND I got my 2nd PLAN back and It's guessing I'll get a 20-24 on the ACT. Unless it gets WAYYYY easier, I've really gotta turn myself around, quick!
I personally think that it will get more competitive every year.
The guy at the college fair said that ECs are going to become less important as class rank and ACT will become more. I actually thought the opposite would be true.</p>

<p>SimplyNick... I think you sort of screwed yourself over last year. I honestly think that your chances of getting your stats up high enough to get into Madison in 1.5 years are EXTREMELY unlikely.
I'm sorry to be blunt, but I'd start looking at other schools. Things looking how they are, Madison isn't an option for you.
Consider Comunity college and small state schools, such as Mankato and UMD.</p>

<p>HottestGirlEver, thaaaaaanks. That was really encouraging....
I still have a year and a half to prove myself.. It's definitely still an option.
Sorry you got denied though... it must suck.
But yeah, don't be telling people that they're hopeless.</p>

<p>hahaha simplynick, although hottestgirlever may be right about madison, you don't have to go to comunity college because you have a 3.0 (and rising, hopefully), with a 20-24 on the act. The main thing would be get ur act scores up or try the sat. Lots of other schools would gladly take you, just, as it looks now at least, probably not madison. Don't worry i won't get into madison either (i applied this year 3.8, 1350/1990) :) Although you are right, you do still have time to prove yourself and you could stand a decent chance if you had perfect grades until then, and then did well on the act or act, like 27+.</p>

<p>Hehe... actually that 3.0 is more 2.89, but February-May of Frosh year I got REALLY depressed, and things got worse when everyone started going against me, my parents started hating me, and I almost attempted suicide - so obviously my grades took a turn for the worst. Things have changed, but I surely have what you all call "extenuating circumstances."
I'm pulling all A's now (well, 1 B), even in AP Biology and AP English.
And I'm in BILLIONS of Ec's.
Don't tell me it's not an option, because it is. I assure you that I will be in Madison in 2010.
Don't forget that I have a year and a half to get up the grades and prep for the ACT.</p>

<p>dude i definately just said you stand a chance.....</p>

<p>Esmitty, no he doesn't. Stop being creamy. Madison wants students that can mantain a good GPA for 4 solid years. Not someone who "screws up" the first year and then does well. And 20-24? Sorry hun, but you're just wasting your time.
SimplyNick, If you get admitted when you apply in 2009, I will be sickened.
I do not intend to sound offensive, but I just do not want you to be disappointed.
I was denied, fyi.</p>

<p>HottestGirlEver, who are you to say who can and can not get in. You're just bitter about being rejected. Nick, don't give up dude. I had a 3.0 my fresh year, got all A's in soph and jun year with AP classes. So far I've gotten into some good schools (Tulane U, Saint Louis U, Loyola U Chi, Marquette U). Don't give up! Soph and Junior year will count!</p>

<p>I think Nick DOES have a chance, especially with a terrific upward trend and a high level of motivation. Keep up the good work, Nick.</p>

<p>haha im creamy! :) Someone needs to take a chill pill....</p>

<p>WOWWWWW SORRY... I JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE PEOPLE WITH ***ING 3.2s GETTING IN! 3.2 SUCKS, "2.89" IS EVEN WORSE. I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT ANYONE AT MADISON WOULD EVEN CONSIDER ADMITING SOMEONE WITH A GPA UNDER 3.5. 3.5 WOULD BE SKETCHY TOO.
YAH...2009 WILL BE DIFFERENT, BUT ILL NOW ALLOW IT!</p>

<p>I can now see why they rejected. YWIA!</p>

<p>Ok... Mohammed, do you THINK I want to go to BALL STATE?
HELL NO! But I'm going there anyways! You're just a perfect kid that got into Madison with no worries, oh no.
Think about us who got denied, okay? All of us who will be attending BALL STATE, when we dreamed of going to wisconsin?
LMAO.</p>

<p>so.... because wisconisn denied you, your doomed to go to ball state...... that makes sense....</p>