2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>I’m so scared to get waitlisted/reject. Ugh. The suspense is killing me. </p>

<p>Minnesota resident
Male
Asian
ACT: 30 (33 superscore, M: 31, R: 36, W: 31, S: 29 - taken twice)
GPA: 4.02 W (i don’t know UW, got lots of Bs when I started the IB program)
IB Diploma Candidate (and two APs)
2 Recs, but i don’t know when they’ll send them…
Relatively decent ECs with several leadership positions</p>

<p>but obviously people with much better scores than me have gotten rejected :(</p>

<p>^Please, please, please, please, please realize you cannot get waitlisted until you get postponed. You are not going to get waitlisted until after you get postponed. Postponement is not the end of the world. People often confuse the two for meaning the same thing, and I don’t know why.</p>

<p>so…is there a trend when it comes to the release of decisions? i totally forgot anything i may have read before, lol.</p>

<p>I sent my app on Oct. 6th and they got my sat scores on the 30th (which completed my application file). When will I most likely find out? In the next week or by the end of the month?</p>

<p>I sent in my app on like Oct. 25th, they got the whole package by the 2nd, and I found out yesterday.</p>

<p>Wow, that’s really quick acceptance. Do you think your school is well known to the
UW admissions people? Perhaps the high schools they know best get the quick acceptances?</p>

<p>

It just sounds scary because you know you aren’t good enough in some way… </p>

<p>Do you get an e-mail notification when they accept/postpone/reject you? Or do you have to check myUW?</p>

<p>^ I got rejected, but I think that works the same way as postponing.</p>

<p>Instead of your online status changing to “Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin,” it changes to “An admissions decision has been made for your file and you will be notified of your decision via mail within 7-10 business days.” Then you get a letter saying that you’re rejected/postponed.</p>

<p>I never got any emails or anything. The rejection letter was rather cold.</p>

<p>I was accepted really early, obviously seeing as how I made this thread, and received no email or anything. Was just randomly checking myUW to see if they had received all my things, and by golly I was accepted. I received a letter in the mail about a week and a half later</p>

<p>does that mean our status will change from “we are checking to ensure we have sufficient materials to make a decision” to a decision straightaway?</p>

<p>so i checked my status 2 days ago on tuesday and it says: " Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status. ". </p>

<p>will i get a decision soon within the week?</p>

<p>^sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that’s been there for me for about a month now :|</p>

<p>^oh, my friend had that status for a week and he got accepted today. maybee it differs but he did apply a week ealier then i did</p>

<p>That status has been up for about a month for me too.</p>

<p>Cody2010:
I didn’t think they could even deny you until they got your second semester grades 0_0</p>

<p>my status still says “we are reviewing your application to make sure we have sufficient materials…” is that normal? its been like that for a few weeks</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I didn’t get postponed first. I got purely rejected.</p>

<p>yikes… I thought uw-madison was kind of a safety but reading this has scared me</p>

<p>do you think being from wisconsin helps my chances of being accepted?</p>

<p>I have a 33 act, 4.0 gpa, one of the valedictorians (no AP classes at my school and anyone with even straight A-'s gets a 4.0, and still only 3 or 4 people have one, that’s how hard the classes are…) decent EC’s (cross country captain, 4 year varsity CC and track, volunteered at a summer camp, helped with VBS and Christmas for kids at my church, taught sunday school, academic bowl) but the thing is I am an awful writer… I don’t really know where to go with my essays…</p>

<p>I’m just glad I read this before just thinking it didn’t matter and I could just put anything down and my other stats would carry me through</p>

<p>Just make them neat and spelled correctly and you should be fine.</p>

<p>I’d say you don’t have much to worry about because of your stats, but essays give the admissions officers insight into what makes you unique. They’re meant to give you a chance to let them get to know you. Take advantage of it. Show them you’re really interested in both Wisconsin, and your identified major, and you should be fine.</p>