2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>Hey, I applied on 10/30 so I met the priority deadline. What’s the latest I will hear back?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I have seen 26s and 25s get in previous years, but not yet this year. Honestly, outside of this site, I haven’t heard of anyone with less than a 29 get in. I’m sure there are some with 25s and 26s getting in, but it is getting very difficult this year. You definitely have at least some chance though. Your GPA should help, especially if you had a difficult schedule. </p>

<p>BTW: UWM stands for UW Milwaukee. Just use UW Madison or simply leave it at UW.</p>

<p>umingophs, just use this site to get a general idea for your chances of being admitted. the only people who post here care more about their acceptances than the average student so probably have above average grades and SAT’s. I’m sure you have at least a decent chance to get in.</p>

<p>CaliDreamer, I applied on 10/31 and am still waiting also. i’m pretty sure we will know by the end of january at the very latest.</p>

<p>If they update your account with an admission decision, wouldn’t they email you as well?</p>

<p>No, they don’t. They update the status and send a letter.</p>

<p>Applied end of October
Received acceptance letter Nov 24.</p>

<p>3.9 UW (public, TN OOS)
0 APs
13 sem dual enrollment credits college (Swedish 1, 2 and Psych)
30 ACT
Three recs
Waiting for UWashington and college visits to decide</p>

<p>Ah, yes- the reason UW needs to make some students wait for an acceptance. Do finish with the refundable deposits so you have a place in case the others deny you. This is the reason UW needs to postpone some students- they are waiting for some to hear from their more desirable/elite colleges. Our UW (Wis) has better academics and a sunnier winter than Udub (Wash).</p>

<p>so, what you’re saying is, if a person has, say, above average-ish stats for UW & gets postponed, but sends all of their mid-year stuff, which still shows an interest, they will probably get admitted?</p>

<p>Deffered
12 Dual Enrollment Credits
1 AP Credit 4 Government
W GPA 4.15 unweighted 3.5-3.7
ACT Composite 31
2 recs which i thought were good
All Honors</p>

<p>“Showing interest” isn’t as important as having excellent senior first semester grades to boost your case or otherwise submitting any REQUESTED information.</p>

<p>but, what i’m asking is, if u have above average stats/reccs/everything to begin with, isn;'t it possible to get postponed purely on the basis of the admissions people thinking u are using them as a back-up & don’t actually want to attend? i feel like if this were the case & u submit your mid-year stuff [i.e. showing continued interest], then they would know that you’re serious about attending & would automatically admit u…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>No, you did not meet the priority deadline because there is no such thing as one at UW Madison, except the final February 1st deadline. You met the deadline for the first notification period. </p>

<p>And if you read the website, they tell you the latest you will hear back will be January 15th.</p>

<p>I was postponed</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>Stats:
GPA: 4.0 UW, 4.8 W
SAT 2010
SAT IIs: 710 Bio, 710 U.S history
3 APs Junior Yr, 4 APs Senior Yr
Strong ECs (NHS, Student Council, MUN, basketball, soccer)</p>

<p>accepted out of state!</p>

<p>3.9 W gpa (school does not calculate unweighted)
SAT 2070 CR 700 M 660 W 710
2 letters of recommendation
essays were written well but the topic could have been better
3 APs but almost all honors courses throughout hs
decent extracurriculars
national honors society</p>

<p>Hope to see you all in Madison!</p>

<p>accepted today oos applied 10/31</p>

<p>GPA: 3.8 w 3.4 uw
SAT: 1540/1600 2170/2400
SAT2: 760 math 2, 760 spanish, 690 physics, 690 us history
5 honors, 9 AP (i got a 5,4,4,4 on junior year AP tests)
ok essays
great recs
2 varsity sports
research experience</p>

<p>so excited! first acceptance! good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>Accepted OoS! Applied 11:55pm on 11/1</p>

<p>GPA: 4.02W
ACT: 30
IB Diploma Candidate + APUSH (5) + HumanGeo (5)
Bad Essays, No recs (well they accepted me before they got them)</p>

<p>I was so scared I would get wait listed/rejected, so there is definitely hope out there!</p>

<p>UW will recalculate the gpa- academic and they will remove any weighting when they consider your gpa. Anyone willing to do their calculations to show the unweighted gpa is doing people a favor (thanks). Some schools do not weight grades.</p>

<p>er…can someone answer my question from my last couple of posts? i’m really curious, lol…</p>