2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>I suspect UW doesn’t worry about or try to guess who considers them a safety. If you look at this thread there are applicants with top stats getting admits now. If an applicant only has above average stats etc. why would UW think they’re a safety? An above average applicant should send semester grades not to show interest but to beef up their app if the grades remain good.</p>

<p>TheycallmeCC—No…</p>

<p>“but, what i’m asking is, if u have above average stats/reccs/everything to begin with, isn;'t it possible to get postponed purely on the basis of the admissions people thinking u are using them as a back-up & don’t actually want to attend? i feel like if this were the case & u submit your mid-year stuff [i.e. showing continued interest], then they would know that you’re serious about attending & would automatically admit u…”</p>

<p>I don’t think they can assume anyone is applying to any college as a first choice. Most people are playing the admissions game and the financial aid game. Unless someone is rich, both factors come into play and the financial piece comes into play usually after admission. This is especially true for OOS applicants at public colleges.</p>

<p>Daughter just got in. So excited!! oos, 3.4 uw 1790 SAT’s</p>

<p>Accpted OOS
Chemical Engineering
3.78 UW 4.07W
2210 (800M 700CR 710 WR)
800 M2 780 M1 740 Chem 730 Bio M
Rank= 13/180
7 APS
I applied on november 1st.</p>

<p>my first ever acceptance!
a great school and nationally ranked 3rd chem E program! but i probably wont end up here though, it’s wayyyy too far and it was my safety.</p>

<p>Accepted!!</p>

<p>GPA: 4.1 W 3.75 UW
SAT: 2210 (680 M, 770 CR, 760 W)</p>

<p>Accepted!!!
Out of state
3.5 uw
2000 sats (670 M, 650 CR, 680 W)
30 act
Pre-nursing!</p>

<p>2nd acceptance! :slight_smile: This is my #3 choice so i’m really excited that i got in!</p>

<p>Accepted after a * very* long wait - I had all of my materials in on 10/23.</p>

<p>In-state
4.0 UW
36 ACT</p>

<p>First acceptance :)</p>

<p>^I can’t imagine what could have delayed their decision with those stats unless you happen to be the valedictorian of a boarding school for violently disturbed adolescents.</p>

<p>Accepted</p>

<p>MN res.
36 ACT
2340 SAT (800 reading, 770 math, 770 writing)
SATIIs: 800 US Hist, 800 Math L2, 780 Bio
AP: 5 Bio, 5 USH, 5 Calc, 5 Gov&Pol
4.3 GPA</p>

<p>can you say what part of the state you are from. Looking to see how the admissions are
coming from SE wisconsin, north shore corridor in particular.</p>

<p>Dang, book-worm and rearden, can’t get much better stats than that. What others schools are you going for?</p>

<p>Does Wisconsin post deferrels and postponements online or are you notified through snail mail?</p>

<p>On the Student Center? If you are postponed or denied they will say they’ve made a decision, and then you’ll find out postponed/denied in the letter they send. If accepted, it will say “Congratulations!” in the Student Center.</p>

<p>And deferment is not something they post… because you say you want to be deferred once you’re accepted.</p>

<p>Chance Me (quite honestly) for UW-Madison
SAT: 2290 superscored (W 800, CR 780, M 710) , 2280 not (W 800, CR 780, M 700)
SAT II: BioE 760, Chem 700, US History 770, Math was terrible
GPA: 91.2 (up to 11th grade), 12th grade gpa: 96 or so
AP’s: Bio-5, U.S. History 4
School: Public, extremely selective, NY
EC’s: President of one club, Editor-in-Chief of two magazines, Staff Writer for School Newspaper, Orchestra for five years
Awards: Semifinalist for USA Biology Olympiad (40/538) and Northeast Regional Science Bowl, placed 3rd.</p>

<p>^i’d say good chance.</p>

<p>“because you say you want to be deferred once you’re accepted.”</p>

<p>wait, what? can someone clear that up for me?</p>

<p>another question:since i got postponed, when will i be hearing back. & will i be in the regular applicant pool? i forgot what the deal is, lol.</p>

<p>wis75, The counselor I talked to said that they do not re-weight the GPAs they get.</p>

<p>I called and asked after i got postponed.</p>

<p>Mn resident
32 ACT
3.65 gpa, uw
all enriched/7 APs
4 years varsity football/wrestling
boy scout
father and mother attended madison</p>

<p>kinda bothered me as it wasnt just a safety school :/</p>

<p>“because you say you want to be deferred once you’re accepted.”</p>

<p>“wait, what? can someone clear that up for me?”</p>

<p>Admission, denial, postpone, wait listing are decisions colleges make about applicants. Deferring enrollment is something admitted students request when they decide they want to start school later than the semester or quarter they were admitted for.</p>

<p>Not always annoyingdad. Deferred, deferral, etc., is a word/concept that various colleges and universities use differently - much like matriculated, as I explained in another thread on this foum. Example:
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-illinois-urbana-champaign/826230-oh-bummer-i-got-deferred.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-illinois-urbana-champaign/826230-oh-bummer-i-got-deferred.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>oh, i see.</p>

<p>let me re-post my other question:</p>

<p>since i got postponed, when will i be hearing back. & will i be in the regular applicant pool? i forgot what the deal is, lol.</p>