2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>All are “regular applicants”. There are rolling admissions. Being postponed means you are acceptable but they are waiting to see who else applys by the deadline before making a final decision. There may or may not be room for you once all students have their chance to apply by Feb 1st and their applications are reviewed. Patience is required, have an alternate school available.</p>

<p>You should get a final decison by March 15th. That’s all the specificity there can be about that.</p>

<p>Other than my long wait for a decision, something else strange happened with my account.</p>

<p>I checked my Student Center almost every day after UW had had my app for a month. Two days before an “You’re admitted!” message was posted, I could no longer check the status of my materials - the “2010 Fall” text was no longer a link to something. Also, I had something under the Financial Aid tab - it just said 2010-2011 term, but listed no awards.</p>

<p>This happen to anyone else?</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!!! ahhhhh I am so happy. I was so scared about my chances.</p>

<p>Now I have to choose between the business schools at Madison, UIUC, and IU- Bloomington, and possibly UMN-TC if I get in.</p>

<p>book_worm. That’s the way the site went for my son just before acceptance and several others have reported the same in this and other threads. Haven’t even looked at the FA area yet since it’s not time for fafsa and merit scholarships yet.</p>

<p>Son got accepted today! Checked this morning, no decision, checked tonight, said “Congrats!” Didn’t expect Sunday decision.</p>

<p>Congratulations, mvlc2010 (UW-Madison does not have direct admission to the School of Business for incoming freshmen).</p>

<p>Thanks, and yeah I know business starts the second year. But I heard it is easy to get into also</p>

<p>Thanks, and yeah I know business starts the second year. But I heard it is easy to get into also</p>

<p>Yeah… No. It’s not easy to get into. It’s pretty competitive. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s not easy.</p>

<p>Yes the average GPA for business is around a 3.5 and some leadership skills.</p>

<p>The acceptance rate to the B-school was very high this past year. Like around 80%. That was not true in previous years.</p>

<p>[Undergraduate</a> Program - Admissions, School of Business, University of Wisconsin - Madison](<a href=“http://www.bus.wisc.edu/undergraduate/admissions/default.asp]Undergraduate”>http://www.bus.wisc.edu/undergraduate/admissions/default.asp)</p>

<p>my application status has read: “our application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status.” for the past 2 months.
my cousin from Wisconsin and a girl from my school got accepted and they both submitted their apps about 2 weeks after Wisconsin had received all my stuff. Should I be worried. This isn’t the only school I applied to but it is the only school I want to go to. </p>

<p>I am: </p>

<p>Out of State (Roswell Georgia)
High School is ranked like 500-600 top schools in America
92 out of 100 average
96 out of 555 in class
28 ACT
Captain Basketball
Academic Award Basketball
Varsity Crew 4 years
Beta Club
Spanish Club
Science Club
Crew Club
Taking Hard Classes senior year like AP Macro, College English, Calculus 2 and 3(though Georgia Tech) Web Design, AP Statistics etc.
Have Taken like 6 AP’s</p>

<p>Ummmm…I just don’t know if I should be worried because I want to go here really badly! Should I be worried</p>

<p>Oh and I got two very good recs from a math teacher with a PHD and my crew coach who also has won awards for his thesis and also has a PHD in math.
My essay was also good, very interesting and I had over 5 people edit it including two college students, and two English teachers one which teaches college English.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I found it somewhat ironic, yet funny that two days after a decision on my application was postponed, my dad received a letter in the mail and a phone call a few days later asking for a monetary donation, as he’s an alumni. Maybe when they admit me, he’ll consider…UW is very adamant when they want their money :)</p>

<p>^maybe when your dad makes a donation, they’ll accept u. just sayin’ ;)</p>

<p>Your Dad should donate to preserve what he enjoyed. Your application should have nothing much to do with it. You already do get a small boost as a legacy.</p>

<p>I think his thousands of dollars in the past may have been slightly overlooked then…ha…I don’t think legacy really plays a big part with admissions.</p>

<p>not persuading anyone or anything, but i do know this kid whose dad just donated $100,000 to princeton & they sent him an acceptance letter right away. he didn’t even APPLY to princeton. true story :&lt;/p>

<p>i wish i had buttloads of cash to hand off to my top schools at will…<em>sigh</em></p>

<p>^If you had buttloads of cash to hand off, you wouldn’t need to go to school. :P</p>

<p>Well, you would, but you wouldn’t have to worry yourself with financial woes in the future. :B</p>