2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>Dude I cannot comprehend how you didn’t get into UW and UM-TC with a 33.</p>

<p>^ Again, couldn’t tell ya. I’m really low in the top quarter, maybe that’s why. I did however get into University of Illinois AND Indiana University, but the out of state cost of attandance is unfortunately really high and out of our ballpark. </p>

<p>But seriously it doesn’t really matter. I’m just planning to transfer to Madison ASAP. I hear it’s not that hard to do.</p>

<p>^
When did you hear back from Minnesota?</p>

<p>^ January 11th.</p>

<p>Oh wow, I’ve applied to the school but haven’t heard back yet. Yuur stats are looks great, considering your a MN resident I’m surprised that you were reject from UMN and UWisc.</p>

<p>This isn’t cool. Based on this thread, I’m putting my chances of admission in the <1% range. </p>

<p>=(</p>

<p>I got postponed at first, but today I got accepted. I actually couldn’t believe I got postponed.</p>

<p>Florida Resident, White Male
GPA UW: 4.000
GPA W: 4.6 (yes, 4.6!!)
ACT: 29
Hella lot of AP’s/Honors, EC’s weren’t thaaat great but they brought something to the table</p>

<p>Wisconsin and Emory are tied for my first pick, and now I’m accepted to both. This decision is going to be really, really hard.</p>

<p>^Dang you got postponed? I am really starting to wonder how the hell I got in.</p>

<p>^^when were u postponed & which letter did u get? also, did u send any additional information after postponement? lol, but gl making a decision!</p>

<p>Hello. Im a senior student trying to apply to college. Tomorrow is the deadline for most colleges. But idk where apply.
I came from Cuba at the end of 9th grade and i was placed in ESL ( English Second Language classes until 11 grade.
Right now I have 4.0 ( unweighted GPA) AND 5.0 ( Weighted gpa)
My SAT scores are not that high. just 1760
M 620
R 530
W 610
Im first generation going to college and my family has a low income
I was an actress in Cuba and i have 400 community hours.
I had also won a lot of awards.
I am a resident in Florida and i want to apply to private outstate universities.
WHERE SHOULD I APPLY?
I want to major in biology</p>

<p>I didn’t even apply for the early notification deadline, but yet i got a letter saying today that I was postponed. Has this happened to anyone else?</p>

<p>Tommyx6, Where are you in Florida?<br>
we live in Fort Lauderdale and my son goes to St. Thomas Aquinas HS. Like you, my son was accepted to Emory and UW-M. He has made up his mind and will go to UW-M. </p>

<p>Both schools are excellent academically. Emory offers a lot and it is in Atlanta, but you need a car to take advantage of ATL. UW has more to offer with regards to sporting events and clubs. The weather might be an issue initially, but after a year, it shouldn’t be a problem. </p>

<p>Congratulations on your acceptances. I am sure that you will make the right choice for you.</p>

<p>Guys, wth? i applied November 1st, and didnt get anything today. didnt get accepted denied,OR postponed. are they still releasing decisions throughout the day?</p>

<p>I need to edit my previous post. I am sorry, but I was wrong about my son’s acceptance to Emory. He was accepted to another school and I had misunderstood. Regardless, he has made UW-Madison his first choice.</p>

<p>FYI- UW means Madison in the midwest (not to be confused with the other UW, Washington) and UWM means UW-Milwaukee, you’ll confuse the locals if you add an “M” to the UW.</p>

<p>Thanks Wis75. Gotta learn the local lingo.</p>

<p>Yeaaaaaaa!!! I got in today!!! </p>

<p>29 ACT
1320 (1960) SAT
2.9 unWeighted
4.1 Weighted
200 Hours community service
Football, NHS, Math Team, Bowling, Karate
Cuban from Miami
and one happy M*<strong><em>r F</em></strong>*r lol</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I applied to UW madison as an undergraduate this year too…</p>

<p>I put my application in early december…</p>

<p>I think university should get all the materials so far but they never update my status checker… </p>

<p>Anyways, approximately… when can I get the acceptance or denial mail from UW madison…??</p>

<p>You’ll hear by March 15th. When is anyone’s guess.</p>

<p>Accepted!!!
Female, MN
Intended Major: Engineering
GPA: 4.25 weighted
ACT: 35
National Merit Semifinalist</p>

<p>So excited! I was pretty nervous because a lot of smart kids are getting rejected. I’ve been accepted at a few other places but this is the one that I’m most interested in.</p>