2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>um Gretchen1992, why are you posting on a UW thread when you want a private school? But to answer your question, i would go get a US News and World Report: Americas’s Best Colleges, book. It tells you tons of valuable information and also ranks the schools so you know where a school is that is around your speed… hm, i guess i just answered my own previous question, you did get an answer from this thread!</p>

<p>Has anyone, already accepted, heard about any scholarships being released yet without applications or if there even are any? Also anything from the honors college?</p>

<p>Yeah, I was wondering about the honors college as well… will they mail us a notice when it’s time to apply? Do they only notify people who they think will be strong candidates? Or should we just go on the website and apply on our own? If anyone knows the answers to these questions, come forward…</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>Female
GPA: 4.1 W, 3.75 UW
SAT: 2100
ACT: 31</p>

<p>Postponed.
What do you think my chances are?
My ACT sucks - 25
GPA - UW 3.67
W- 3.83
Captain of Speech team, Varsity track, Writer’s club, National Honor Society, Link Crew leader, Hospital volunteer work
OOS MN</p>

<p>I got my acceptance letter in about a week and a half. Unweighted GPA - 4.0. Tied for first in class. UW Madison made the admissions decision before the last time I took the ACT, so I was accepted on a 30. I now have a 32(I retook it for scholarship reasons). I didn’t go out for any sports and had average extracurriculars. I’m from wisconsin, but I’m still surprised that they got back to me so soon.</p>

<p>I have yet to decide where I will be going to college, in fact I was going through different pieces of information when I came upon this thread.</p>

<p>Rejected Today. =(. Surprisingly, I’m not the least bit disappointed OR surprised, even though it was my first choice. </p>

<p>GPA: 3.1
ACT: 27
Good EC’s, lots of APs, Good Rec, essay was good </p>

<p>…whatevs.</p>

<p>I’m sorry man.</p>

<p>^ I’m not even very upset hahah. I’ve gotten into 3 other great schools.</p>

<p>One thing that caught me off guard is the online status. It still says “a counselor is reviewing your application”, even though I got the letter today.</p>

<p>Yeah I think they update the online statuses pretty sporadically. Where are you thinking about going now?</p>

<p>^ James Madison University in VA.</p>

<p>Totally ignored that transferring pamphlet they sent. although it seems REALLY easy to transfer into Madison.</p>

<p>That’s a good school as well man, I’m sure you’ll have fun there. I agree with you though - I think that they accept transfer kids with like 3.3’s-3.4’s from non-flagship state schools like no one’s business.</p>

<p>postponed
engineer applicant</p>

<p>26 act (31 math)
1220 sat 2 parts (710 math)
3.7 gpa upward trend, a few bad grades
normal or below normal EC
new york
good personal statement
no recs</p>

<p>would recs make a difference, should i get some</p>

<p>Why no recs??? With ordinary for the applicant pool stats you want to put forth your best effort- some teachers who think you are great helps. The application deadline is next Monday- those teachers may not get them in on time when asked at the last minute, unless you really are stellar in their eyes.</p>

<p>Yea, I’d try and get recs in quick. A few kids (including me) got in with no recs, but I’m not gonna lie, we had much more stellar stats than you. I’d get them in cause I know kids with higher ACTs and GPAs that have got postponed/rejected.</p>

<p>ACCEPTED TO LETTERS & SCIENCE!!!</p>

<p>Female
GPA: UW 3.62; W 3.87
8 AP Classes
ACT: 25 (i’m a horrible test taker)
OOS
Average number of extra activities
1 recommendation from my physics/chemistry teacher. Probably helped ALOT!
1 Counselor recommendation
But I think its my essays that helped me get in!!</p>

<p>I applied really late actually so I’m surprised that the results came back so quickly. Applied date: 12/15/09 or somewhere around that
SO EXCITED!!!
YAY my #2 choice actually :P</p>

<p>I already knew that I didn’t get in, but my online status just changed to:</p>

<p>UW-Madison General Course - BA Degree
2010 Fall<br>
Status Details
After careful review and consideration of your application, we regret we are unable to offer you admission. </p>

<p>I didn’t know they did online rejections?</p>

<p>What were your stats BrekfastChampion?</p>

<p>And there’s always the option of transferring after freshman year if you’re deadset on going to Wisconsin.</p>

<p>i got postponed as well, kinda disappointed</p>

<p>stats: ACT:28 (however, i sent in two previous scores in which i got 29 in math but my composite was 27, doubt this helps… but it would “superscore” to a 29
gpa: 3.6 UW, 3.75 W
good recs, excellent essays, solid EC’s, interned at U of M over the summer for a month and a half mon-thurs 6 hours a day and over 450+ volunteer hours and counting</p>

<p>thought i would clutch it, guess not :(</p>

<p>what do you say my chances are for getting in at march 15th
senior grades so far are great 4.0 so far after first term and probably after 2nd term as well</p>

<p>Being postponed is not the same as being denied admittance. My daughter was admitted last year in March after being postponed. She had similar stats to yours. If this school was your first choice and you will definitely go there if admitted, you should let them know that. Send in your senior grades, a letter stating that UW is your first choice and you would attend if admitted, and anything else compelling that they have not already seen. Make your case in a short concise letter!</p>

<p>thanks for the input bobsparent! i will be sure to do that.</p>