<p>GPA: 3.48 UW
ACT: 33
7 APs
5 EC’s
2 okay recs, okays essays
only applied 1/16</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!!!
Congrats to all</p>

<p>GPA 3.55 UW (With special circumstances)
SAT - 1560/2290</p>

<p>Good EC’s and AP scores etc.</p>

<p>OOS - CA Resident
Congrats to all</p>

<p>Accepted
Missouri Resident</p>

<p>GPA: 3.85 UW
ACT: 34
captain of cross country, 5’s on all AP’s etc</p>

<p>Suprised to recieve my decision so soon as I applied on January 25.</p>

<p>mission–my D applied about a month ago, and we were surprised that the acceptance came back so quickly. Maybe it is rolling? She just got an acceptance from University of Washington last week, too. Needless to say, is excited about both…</p>

<p>i just checked my status and the application materials link is no longer there - formerly, it was there.
does this mean i will be receiving a decision shortly?</p>

<p>Rolling admissions.</p>

<p>RunZleg- many CC opportunities with the Wis Track Club. Madison is a great place to run. Not surprised at quickness- great stats and the end of the app season.</p>

<p>I have seen several of the posts about checking application status. I have been unable to find how to check the status on-line. My D did not submit her application until late January. I have confirmation (USPS tracking) that the counselor form and the transcripts have been received and the application fee was quickly taken from my account. The only link I have takes me to the application with no indication of the status. Is there another link/address? I just want to confirm the recommendations have been received and whether or not any other materials are outstanding.</p>

<p>Any help would be appreciated!</p>

<p>You should have received an email a few days after submitting the application that included the following:</p>

<p>“You can check the status of your application online at [Home</a> - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu%5DHome”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu). Click on Check Application Status and follow the instructions. You will need your 10-digit campus ID number, which is xxxxxxxxxx.”</p>

<p>Follow the instructions to activate the netid and then you click on Student Center.</p>

<p>Stats for my post above:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.9
ACT: 34</p>

<p>My senior year has been fully comprised of UW-mad courses and i am officer/co-captain of 3 clubs, 70+ volunteer hours, a couple other random clubs.</p>

<p>I wrote very extensive essays as well. I hear some people only wrote 1 paragraph but I wrote 2 600-900 word essays 0.o </p>

<p>To those who are still waiting, GOOD LUCK! UW madison is an amazing place, and while I am not sure if I will be attending or not, I would not mind going at all =) </p>

<p>Question though, it says that you have to reply by march 5th to get on campus housing… as I dont hear back from other schools until march 31-april something… where does that leave me0.o</p>

<p>You can send in your housing deposit. Check the contract and see what date the deposit is still refundable.</p>

<p>Accepted just now woo</p>

<p>I don’t get it. My son followed the directions and got a net id etc. But when he goes to the check status it just takes him to My UW-Madison page and h e appears to be able to see course listings, etc. Does this mean he is accepted? Does a formal letter come in the mail?</p>

<p>OOps now I see the little button on the left “student center”…thanks CC…application still pending</p>

<p>After logging in with the netid, on the My UW Madison page click on Student Center and there should be a box with application status as well as other info. Yes, a formal letter comes in the mail and no, being able to see course listings doesn’t mean he’s admitted.</p>

<p>My Ds first acceptance (and first response). Wow, that was fast. I really thought she would have to wait until March 15th. It will be interesting to see what other acceptances she will get. Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>Denied. (after being postponed) 3.86 GPA, 34 ACT, 22 AP’s, Alaska. My mid-year report was a 3.18 GPA, so that’s probably why.</p>

<p><em>sigh</em></p>

<p>^when did u send in your mid-year report, do u know? i was postponed, too, a couple of months back.</p>

<p>edit:22 APs!!! 34 ACT?! holy. sheet. …</p>

<p>Wow, accepted. So early I still think it is a mistake haha.
From New Jersey
3.7-3.8 unweighted GPA
690 Math 790 CR 650 Writing
800 US history
790 Literature
Prospective History major</p>

<p>Accepted </p>

<p>ACT 35
SAT 2250 CR 760 M740 W750
GPA 3.9 / 4.0 scale
National Merit Commended Scholar
AP Scholar with Honor (4 APs Junior Year 3,3,5,5 - 4 APs this year)
ECs Football, Baseball, Music/Theater, Math Team, NHS
Essay - Very Good
Teacher Recommendations - Did not read, but assume they were very good
Counselor Recommendation - Did not read, but sure it was excellent
Volunteer - tutor, summer camp</p>

<p>Also accepted at U of MN, Twin Cities - Honors, Drake University
Also applied at Stanford (I wish!), Duke, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Boston College - all RD - waiting… waiting… waiting.</p>

<p>Reading through this thread, the people making admissions decisions seem crazy!</p>

<p>I was accepted (w/o being postponed) with these stats:
3.7 GPA W
28 ACT (with an abysmal 23 in math)
1 AP junior year (Chem, got a 2) and 3 APs this year
Solid ECs, including a President position (GSA), officer for band (director is UW alum? no idea if that’s a factor), NHS, various music
WI resident
One excellent rec, the other was blah
I didn’t have anyone look over my essays, I thought they were pretty awful, but I have no idea.</p>

<p>I can’t believe some of you with 30+ on the ACT and 4.0s are getting rejected/postponed! Anyone know what the reasoning could be behind this?</p>