2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>I have been admitted too! </p>

<p>although I don’t have a high SAT 1 and a high GPA…</p>

<p>I have high scores in SAT subject tests… (790 Chinese - Im Korean… not Chinese- and 780 Math level 2)</p>

<p>BUT, I have a special high school experience that I studied in Korean school in 9th grade, Chinese local school in 10th grade, and American International school during rest of high school years lol</p>

<p>it was SERIOUSLY tough… I’m taking 4 AP now… and maintaining good grades in a senior year (I actually bombed 11th grade cuz I was new to this American school…)</p>

<p>I tried to focus on this when I was working on my college essay…
:)</p>

<p>Knight, all decisions should be out by March 15. Have you been checking your status online? If you wait for snail mail it will take a few days more to get to you.</p>

<p>I checked it. My application is still under review. Why? Is it because I am a international student?</p>

<p>knightwinner: It is March 8th. March 15th, the date which all decisions will be made by, is seven days away. There’s hundreds of reasons why you haven’t received your decision yet. At most you’ll have to wait a few more days. Have a little more patience.</p>

<p>I am dying to hear back!
For a while I was floating back and forth between Wisconsin-Madison and Michigan-Ann Arbor but am now set on Wisco.
I applied RD and am hoping to hear back soon! I know the deadline is March 15 but I am obsessively checking my application status online.
Has anyone heard back recently?</p>

<p>decisions are made by the 15th, meaning we may have to wait a few days past that date to hear back.</p>

<p>My son got admitted to the University of Wisconsin today. We found out by checking the admission website. It appears like they are updating it frequently, so be sure and check your status. He is a WI resident admit. Good luck to all those still waiting.</p>

<p>no change yet. but u did make me hopeful for news soon, dae :)</p>

<p>His status changed but now he’s trying to decide between this and three other good schools. He’s happy to have the choice.</p>

<p>Accepted!!
I just received housing info today, but I’m not sure if I’ll be attending UW yet so I’m just checking it out.
Stats:
GPA=3.6uw
SAT=2100
SAT2 lit=780
SAT2 ushistory=710
national merit semifinalist
great extracuricculars</p>

<p>Got into the connections program, but really, how hard is it to transfer to Madison if I was to go to Milwaukee or another UW school?</p>

<p>33, 3.3</p>

<p>^ It’s not hard. It’s what I’m planning to do. </p>

<p>If I were you though, I’d do the connections program. I REALLY wish I was instate because I would’ve done that in a heartbeat.</p>

<p>Oh well this is cool… my status changed to:</p>

<p>“After careful review and consideration of your application, we regret we are unable to offer you admission.”</p>

<p>I should probably go tell my alumni parents… <em>gulp</em></p>

<p>^ I’m sorry Brady =(</p>

<p>I didn’t get in either, and I got into Michigan, Emory and deferred at Stanford. They’re so unpredictable.</p>

<p>My application is still under review…</p>

<p>“I should probably go tell my alumni parents… <em>gulp</em>”</p>

<p>Understand that it is a lot harder to get into Madison now than it was then.</p>

<p>What’s with people getting into Michigan but not Wisconsin? It happened to me too and it really doesn’t make sense…</p>

<p>They are not that far apart in average stats so they have a large overlap in applicants. It’s not like comparing Harvard and Liberty U.</p>

<p>“Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials.”</p>

<p>AHHHHHHHH. OMG I’ve wanted to go here since like forever, and OMG. I’ve literally checked five times a day since October. I am like so happy right now.
AHHHHH</p>

<p>congrats… welcome to the family lol</p>