2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>Am I screwed if i didn’t have any recs but a 3.95 W GPA, 3.85 UW GPA, 1 AP class (but like 7 honors classes) a 32 ACT, class rank 36/209 (17%) and two solid essays.</p>

<p>Lake, no one here can answer. We’re not admissions counselors. We don’t know if you will be fine or screwed, especially because there’s a lot more to your application than those stats.</p>

<p>If you’re asking yourself that question, clearly you’re unsure with it, so why not get a rec? A rec or two will not hurt your chances, so why not?</p>

<p>Well, turns out I was fine! Just got my acceptance this afternoon and in only 8 days! :D</p>

<p>Congrats! Looking to get my letter soon too. Will post full info later.</p>

<p>When speaking on Cody’s case, I meant to say they only take into account 10th and 11th grade marks. That’s why I referred to his “awful junior and okay sophomore years” as being detrimental to his chances of being accepted. And yes, they only take those years into account because many high schools are 10-12, so this is necessary in maintaining an even playing field. C0cks.</p>

<p>Unlike Stanford, UW does not have an official policy regarding not counting freshman year. However, a poor freshman year followed by good soph and jr years will show an upward trend and be helpfull. When you look at required/typical HS units taken it is based on a 4 year HS.</p>

<p>for those who were accepted, did your Checking Application Materials say “not confirmed” when you were admitted, or did it say “confirmed” and then you were admitted? thank you.</p>

<p>3.96 UW GPA. 34 ACT. 22 AP Courses. 3 Sports. Job. Founder of Club. Other clubs. 2 recs. Good essays. From Alaska.</p>

<p>Postponed.</p>

<p>Why?</p>

<p>shampooswallower: were your essays really that good? and how was your grade trend, and recs?</p>

<p>On the surface that seems nuts SS. Afraid they’ll have to admit too many from Alaska? Didn’t believe anyone would do 22 APs? Seriously, someone with your stats should email them to try to find out why. Given the distance do they not believe you would really enroll in the end?</p>

<p>shampooswallower, this makes no sense, are you full pay OOS or did you apply for financial aid?</p>

<p>lol that’s gotta be a joke… 22 APs and a 34 ACT…</p>

<p>“how was your grade trend”</p>

<p>How bad can it be with a 3.96 unweighted?</p>

<p>I got a D+ in AP Physics C second semester of junior year. That was the only non-A I ever had. And yes we need F.A.</p>

<p>Do you really think they’ll tell me why if I email them? I mean this isn’t my first choice school at all, but I’m still kind of confused.</p>

<p>What did you put down as your intended major? You got an A 1st semester in Physics C but a D+ 2nd semester? Why? Did you take the test and what did you get? Did you attempt to explain the D+ in your statement? Have you received a letter yet or just the online notification? Maybe they want to see your 1st semester grades this year. Still seems nuts to me.</p>

<p>Maybe there was a mistake in the reporting process of something… I’d call to see what’s up</p>

<p>My friend, who has a 3.65 unweighted and a 29 ACT score got postponed.</p>

<p>They must really be cracking down this year.</p>

<p>Intended major has no importance.</p>

<p>If he put down Physics as intended major and got a D+?</p>

<p>Imonaboat: There’s a big difference in GPAs here and a 29 and a 34 ACT.</p>

<p>Nope…Does not matter.</p>