2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>Ah. That’s good. Still haven’t got a decision. Dead nervous.</p>

<p>Has anyone called up the admissions office to find out the exact time decisions are being released? Or does anyone have a rough idea? The website says all decisions are released on the 15th.</p>

<p>“…but all decisions will be made by the respective notification date.”</p>

<p>My guess is that it will be released by 3:00 EST.</p>

<p>And yet, according to this thread, some “postponed” applicants (who were accepted) were notified online over the weekend.</p>

<p>They don’t seem to “release” decisions all at one particular time…decisions are made over time and then entered/updated onto computer and letter sent in mail. At least that was how it was last year and so far this year. </p>

<p>blue_box - it is not clear from what you posted whether your application is complete or not. NOT saying it isn’t (!), just that it is impossible to determine based on the info provided. </p>

<p>Good luck! :-)</p>

<p>@rriparetti: Why so?</p>

<p>Travelfun: That’s obscenely slow! And I hope its complete. Otherwise it would be dreadfully embarrassing.</p>

<p>@Mega, that’s what Im guessing based on another college. Just a guess though.</p>

<p>Just checked…nothing yet :/</p>

<p>Has anyone tried calling them? Zis is terrible. =(</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted after Postpone</p>

<p>ACT: 33</p>

<p>GPA: 3.35 UW / 3.63 W / Class rank 36.2% UW / 31.9% UW [I realize this is pretty terrible, but my grade trend was all B student to mostly A student as time passes]</p>

<p>Extra Curriculars: None but bunch of jobs , 12+ hours a week. Tutor / Waitor</p>

<p>Essay: Talked about my heart problem I had, was strong. </p>

<p>Teacher rec: I kind of knew the teacher, he kind of knew me, so I’m guessing it wasnt that strong. I only did 1</p>

<p>Counselar rec: I know him really well, he knows how motivated I am, so a good rec. letter from him</p>

<p>Time found out: 6:00 A.M sunday morning after waking up from a nightmared that said I was denied. True story.</p>

<p>Good luck to you guys. Hope my low GPA gives you all hope.</p>

<p>Edit:oh. Letters and Sciences is where I’m accepted to.</p>

<p>Sunday? Oh… Perhaps deferrals are admitted earlier… =/</p>

<p>And my GPAs lower. =)</p>

<p>postponed…STILL. ugh.</p>

<p>-_-</p>

<p>Yeah, I was accepted March 14, so that was a rare treat.</p>

<p>And I’ve heard rumors that U of W-Madison loves high GPAs… not sure about that though. Don’t care atm- enjoying this moment of bliss that my top choice has said yes to me.</p>

<p>thisgirlisaG: D’you mean waitlist? =S Is that your decision?</p>

<p>nope, i was postponed a few months back. i was <em>supposed</em> to hear of my final decision today, lol…</p>

<p>Sigh. I want to call them, but that’ll probably irritate them. Oh well.</p>

<p>i think u should call them :)</p>

<p>You sure? I’m guessing they’re probably being bombarded with calls right now. And they always want my name before they answer any questions.</p>

<p>yeah…i’m going to need someone to call them, so…;]</p>

<p>=O</p>

<p>Hmm. Okay, I’ll call.</p>