2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>Patience is still required. The self imposed March 15th deadline and others were set up just a year or two ago by admissions to help students get an answer in a timely fashion. It is not a “set in stone” University policy. They have many applications and only so many staff members to deal with them. Please don’t delay your decisions by calling them and taking their time away from their work. Good luck to all.</p>

<p>Also- to the engineering hopeful- you were admitted to the university as a whole, not a specific school/college. Your UW college work will determine your acceptance to your engineering program. You stated an intended major which you and everyone else can change at any time. Stating a major helps in assigning your SOAR advisor this summer.</p>

<p>“So I can expect a decision in the next 3-4 weeks.”</p>

<p>woooooooooooooooooooooow.</p>

<p>I was waitlisted. It still hasnt showed up on their website, but I received a letter in the mail saying I was waitlisted. Check your mail</p>

<p>Waitlisted
3.51 GPA UW
1710 superscore SAT, 24 ACT
Good EC’s (around 200 hours)
Good essay (as far as Im concerned)</p>

<p>FWIW- UW will not mix and match subscores- they will take your best overall score but you can’t combine to get the best superscore as I understand the info on their website.</p>

<p>rriparetti: Are you from Wisconsin?</p>

<p>Out of state from California.</p>

<p>What is everyone thinking about housing? I’m OOS from CA and I hear that a lot of OOS people go to the private dorms… but I don’t really just want to live with other Californians and what not, we already have plenty of those here. So anyhow… does anyone no about any awesome res halls that I should be checking out?</p>

<p>omg did I just write no instead of know??? I am shocked by my ridiculous spelling. Apologies…</p>

<p>rachel92 ~ not sure if it is OOS thing or not but my D also prefers the private dorms if she goes to UW-Madison.</p>

<p>We are from California and my son will definately be in the public dorms if he goes to Wisconsin. (He has it narrowed down to two schools.) There are a few threads on this topic with different opinions. He wants to be with the kids from Wisconsin. Although, if you would meet him, you would probably thinks he was from the Midwest.</p>

<p>I meant “think” not “thinks.” I really need to learn to proofread before posting! Anyway, you might also want to check out the UW-Madison 2014 admitted students facebook and see what other students are saying about this topic.</p>

<p>Freshman OOS son (from Virginia) chose public dorms - very happy that he did as he feels he got to meet a broad spectrum of kids. Roommate from NJ (has worked out great) and several other OOS on his hall as well. Most of his buddies (from dorm and fraternity) seem to be from either the Milwaukee or Chicago area, but not exclusively so. Given that most kids seem to go off-campus by sophomore year, he/we felt it was a good choice to have at least one year in a traditional dorm and has enjoyed the experience. Kids in the privates seem to be happy with their choice as well so I guess there is no one right answer. Good luck.</p>

<p>Just received notification in mail. Not accepted. There was a slip at bottom of letter for being put on wait list. Are all rejected postponements given option of wait list?</p>

<p>^hm, that’s strange…</p>

<p>& still no word on my postponement…such bull.</p>

<p>I was accepted about a week and a half ago after being postponed.
I think this may surprise a few people…</p>

<p>GPA: 3.91/4.51 on a 5 scale, so i believe it comes out to be 3.128/3.608 on a 4 scale
ACT: 30(btw took it 5 times, it does help to take more than three as my scores were 27,28,28,30,30).
9 AP classes
Major: General Engineering
Born in Russia, lived there for first 6 years
^ Can speak Russian.
Currently live in suburbs of Chicago.
Even had one D in Honors Chem for one semester…</p>

<p>When I got postponed I emailed the counselor(which is a very good thing to do) to ask if she would like any other information besides first semester senior grades. She told me that she thought my essays, recs, and ec’s were all solid but she did not like the falling gpa throughout the years so she would like to see mid year grades in my 5 AP classes, I got one C, one A, rest B’s in those AP classes. Regardless the GPA rose from these grades, which is what she was looking for, I guess. </p>

<p>It’s always smart to email them, they will let you know how they are feeling about your application if you were postponed.</p>

<p>@yavko2510</p>

<p>i am virtually the same student as you +.2 gpa
but even the D and C are parallels</p>

<p>i am also in the south suburbs of chicago sooo…hopefully your result is telling of mine :)</p>

<p>you have given me great hope</p>

<p>wow, denied after postponement…that’s some bullshhit. i will expand later.</p>

<p>Accepted, yay! =D</p>

<p>GPA: 3.75
SAT: 2010/2400
Ethnicity: Asian (Pakistani-American)</p>

<p>US Citizen, out-of-state in Maryland</p>

<p>DENIED after being Postponed!</p>

<p>GPA- 3.65</p>

<p>SAT I- 2020 ( 710 math, 620 reading, 690- writing)
SAT II- Math II- 650, Spanish- 600
Rank- School does not rank
5 AP’s</p>

<p>White Female from Virginia</p>

<p>(OH Yeah…VA Girl’s State Delegate and and Virginia Governor’s School nominee for Math & Science and Class President)</p>

<p>I’m Frustrated…I can’t even get into Wisconsin.</p>

<p>Sorry Guys…I didn’t mean that to say “even Wisconsin” it’s a great school. I just thought it would be a Match school for me. Now I have no hope for my reach schools.</p>