2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>I’m surprised you did not get in Idddl27. Are you from NOVA? UW is getting lots of apps from there and it might be a numbers thing. You are very qualified. Good luck.</p>

<p>Just got into Wisconsin :slight_smile: I wasn’t postponed before.
Cumulative GPA is 3.5 with strong upward trend. 3.75 now. SAT is 2150 but I didn’t bother sending it so they only have my 2060.</p>

<p>Thanks barrons…Yep- Northern Virginia!</p>

<p>DENIED after being postponed…</p>

<p>GPA-UW-~3.5/W-~4.0
ACT-30 [E-34/CR-26/M-32/S-26]
SAT I-2020 [M-690/CR-640/W-690]
SAT II-USH-660/Biology-660
Rank—
8 APs
AP Test Scores-Biology-3/Psychology-4/USH-4
essays-great
reccs-probably great, teachers have always loved me
ECs-co-founder/co-president of a community-service-oriented club. secretary of future physicians of america. track manager for 2 years [with my friend, lol :P]. ~200 hours of volunteering at the hospital. volunteered over the summer in a hospital in Turkey [i’m Turkish, & fluent, as well.]. NHS member. LHS member.</p>

<p>~white female from extremely competitive high school in new jersey.</p>

<p>please, really? this is a match/safety. what bullshhit. i’ve already wasted way too much time reading about this school. whatever, i’ve already gotten accepted elsewhere :] peace outttt.</p>

<p>lNow I have no hope for my reach schools. </p>

<p>Don’t give up hope! Madison is nearly impossible to get into this year. My son said it’s because their sport’s teams are doing so well. He got into U of I, U of Rochester, Lawrence University, Marquette, U of Minnesota-Twin Cities and Iowa State and not UW. He was postponed just like you and it dragged on and on. Some years schools are just super hot, so I wouldn’t take it to heart.</p>

<p>Guess what everyone?! They claim they didn’t get my transcript and I totally don’t care! I wasn’t going anyway.
It’s probably the crummy economy that’s driving everyone to cheaper public institutes too. (Wisconsin is one of them).</p>

<p>Accepted after being postponed
GPA-3.3 UW, 3.9 W
SAT:2070 (700 CR, 690 M, 680 W)
SAT II: 690 US History, 610 Literature
4 APs (4 on US History and Language, taking Lit & Psych this year)
Essays: pretty good, writing is one of my strongpoints
Recs: didn’t read them, assuming they were pretty good
ECs: nothing much, captain of track team, ~60 hrs community service</p>

<p>I was honestly really surprised to get in here. This was a reach for me and i was completely expecting to get rejected. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!</p>

<p>Took the placement test today. Are we going to see our results? when?</p>

<p>Why anyone would treat UW Madison as a safety, I’ve got no idea.</p>

<p>I believe you’ll be able to see your placement test results in a few weeks if you log into your Student Center at wisc.edu, this way, you don’t have to wait until SOAR to see your results and begin to choose classes/add them to your wish list.</p>

<p>Accepted through the Academic Advancement Program after applying in November</p>

<ul>
<li>3.59 UW</li>
<li>4.12 W</li>
<li>5 APs this year, 10 when I graduate</li>
<li>Top 10% of my graduating class</li>
<li>Essays - I suppose they were good; I wrote about a trip I went on to my mother’s hometown in the Philippines</li>
<li>Recs -1 decent, 2 very good recs</li>
<li>President of 2 clubs, member of NHS, captain of varsity tennis team.</li>
<li>Showed an upward trend in grades this year!</li>
</ul>

<p>Except for foreign language placement tests most students will not need to use the placement tests to select classes. The exceptions would be students needing remedial work in English or math. Therefore you can go ahead and make your wish lists even if you take the tests in the summer.</p>

<p>

<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf[/url]”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I would say an applicant meeting the recommended levels of course requirements, no disciplinary issues, in the top 5% of his/her class, and an ACT score > 30 (SAT > 2000) could treat UW-Madison as a “sure-bet”</p>

<p>I don’t think those numbers are applicable today and they stopped updating it.</p>

<p>Up the ante to 35/2400, above 3.8 UW, 9 AP’s with mainly 5’s and some 4’s, NMF, sports, music, academic EC’s… That’s how UW becomes a safety- there are people out there with comparable stats every year for whom the most elite schools are a match and their state flagship is a safety. Many of them will not attend UW, freeing up space for other students.</p>

<p>Accepted to MS/PhD program in mechanical engineering emphasis in thermal/fluid systems…</p>

<p>1280 GRE, 3.42 GPA, strong resume. I’m happy I was accepted, UW seems like a challenging school to get into. Currently my top pick for enrollment come fall.</p>

<p>i found out in like november. 4.2 GPA 2110 SAT</p>

<p>accepted</p>

<p>act:29
gpa:10.88/12 UW 11.4/12 W
essays:excellent
rec:excellent
ECS:DECA, speech, link leader, soccer (non-varsity), over 500 hrs community service at hospital, internship at lab over summer</p>

<p>I haven’t heard from Wisconsin yet. They are the only school that I haven’t heard from and it seems like everyone else has received a decision! Does anyone know why this is happening?</p>

<p>^Rolling admission.</p>