2010 Acceptances and Decisions Thread

<p>Has anyone from OOS (but not Minnesota, etc) been postponed or only locals?</p>

<p>edit: nm, I read all 8 pages; weird admissions stuff this year…so much for their chart…</p>

<p>I’m from Florida. And UW-Madison is my first choice. </p>

<p>I got into MICHIGAN but I got postponed at Wisconsin. Seriously?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I think you might be on to something right there: that might be the source of all these shenanigans.</p>

<p>As for Tommyx6: sorry but we are all just as stunned as you are. And the thing is, there have been a number of kids, with the same and better stats that have gotten postponed while some kids, including me, with decent stats but not nearly as impressive apps have gotten in.</p>

<p>This is really strange.</p>

<p>It’s shocking to me that all these people with such great stats are getting rejected/postponed… I had a 31 ACT, 1980 SAT, 3.9 unweighted (4.0 weighted) gpa, decent extra curriculars, solid esssays and am a MN resident and I got accepted. The weird thing was, I got my decision back in about a week and half. I wasn’t expecting to hear anything for at least 6 weeks, so I thought it was really strange to hear back so early. The inconsistencies with them accepting/not accepting people with great resumes is surprising.</p>

<p>Application turned in: 10/31
When is the earliest I should expect to hear back? When is the latest?</p>

<p>^Do you not read the site? They say if they have everything by November 1st (meaning required materials postmarked by that day), the latest you should hear back is January 15th. As to earliest, no one here can tell you that. If you’re lucky you’d hear back in like, two weeks or so, but that doesn’t seem to be typical, and considering how close you applied to the first notification period deadline, I wouldn’t expect to hear back that soon.</p>

<p>According to the status check, they received all my info on the 23rd of October. When Do you think i will get a decision? Thanks!!</p>

<p>They received all of my info on 9/2/09 and I still have not received a decision.
Hang in there!</p>

<p>After the conversation I had with my daughter’s former college guidance counsellor about this thread, she made some phone calls to colleagues to satisfy her curiousity. I will grant that these are all in state. They are finding very little if any difference in the applicants that are being accepted this year from last year. Unweighted 3.6 to 3.65 ACTs of around 30 of the early rolling admits.</p>

<p>My daughter was admitted today. OOS, competitive public h.s.–submitted app on 10/6–all other docs (rec letter, transcript and ACT score) sent earlier. </p>

<p>She has a weighted GPA of a 4.6–school does not rank. ACT of 32. I am biased, but quite certain she had excellent recs, her essays were good and she has a good extracurricular profile.</p>

<p>her first acceptance-yay.</p>

<p>after we mail the docs (transcripts etc) how long does it take for it to appear on our admission status?</p>

<p>when you log on to their status check website using the ID they send you, where on the site does it show the info they received?</p>

<p>^Student Center.</p>

<p>My daughter was accepted yesterday.</p>

<p>3.8 uw, 4.1 w gpa with lots of honors/AP
consistent grades all 3 years
very competitive HS
27 act
very strong EC
excellent essays
submitted 10/23
oss, Chicago area
guessing recommendations were very good</p>

<p>We are thrilled, this is her top choice. We were concerned that ACT was a bit low and she was prepared to take it again if she was deferred. Fortunately she was accepted!</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone. I just found this site about a week ago and found it extremely helpful.</p>

<p>10/23? Fast response! Congrats. I hope now that the 1st Notification deadline is past, reposnse time doesn’t slow to a crawl! They were probably indundated with applications over the weekend. Good for her, getting it in early!</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Specifically, online app was submitted on 10/12 but transcripts did not get there until 10/23.</p>

<p>after i mail all the docs (transcripts etc) how long does it take for it to be reflected on our status online?</p>

<p>Daughter accepted yesterday
3.95 w
ACT 33
Assume excellent letters
Applied as Science Major. She also is an artist
You can see we are OOS</p>

<p>If the directions call for recommendations, then that means you have to send them! If you can’t follow directions, then that is grounds for immediate denial… and I am a college counselor and former admissions rep.</p>

<p>Postponed. </p>

<p>White guy from MN
GPA: 3.0
ACT: 27
Lots of AP’s and EC’s
1 excellent rec
Good Essays
Applied 9/15</p>