2010 Geneseo Waitlistees

<p>I've heard that several local kids who were waitlisted at Geneseo have heard from the school in recent days that they now have room at the inn. I believe the same thing happened last year, but I don't think Geneseo began reaching out to the waitlisted students quite as early. Is there anyone here on CC that was waitlisted who has subsequently received a notice that they have been "accepted?"</p>

<p>Not me…still waitlisted, with Spring admit.</p>

<p>Yes, I was originally accepted for spring, and placed on the wait list for the fall semester. Yesterday I was accepted for the fall semester. Keep your hopes up.</p>

<p>yeah same here, i was accepted yesterday for fall</p>

<p>how were you informed those that got accepted off of the wait list?</p>

<p>they just sent a regular acceptance letter saying i was in for the fall 2010 semester.</p>

<p>Hi,
I also was given guarunteed admission for spring of 2011 and replied to confirm a place on the select waitlist, i was just curious to those who posted above that they have heard from admissions within the course of the last week if they happen to know if there are more places for the fall term to be filled? Or is that it and no more are being offered? Also, approximatley how many people on the waitlist are given fall admission?</p>

<p>timothybbb,
it truly varies from year to year. and no, i haven’t heard anything about other spots being opened. your best bet to find out the answer to your question about this year would probably be to email admissions and see what they have to say. Goodluck!</p>

<p>You’d have to look at average yield %, number accepted this year and then find the difference between that and the number of seats this year. I wouldn’t expect most of the seats to be open to waitlistees until after may 1st, though, when they know who’s going and who isn’t.</p>

<p>Thank you!!</p>

<p>I’m just curious, somebody told me that acceptance letters are sent out in batches according to location (residence) is this true?</p>