2011 Freshmen Class Size

<p>Does anyone know the size of this year’s freshmen class and/or any other statistics (demographics, stats, etc.) on the class?</p>

<p>I don’t think the stats are available until later. The number of students will be known rather soon, but the stats come later.</p>

<p>I’m not sure we ever got the detail stats of last year’s class like before…details about honors kids, etc.</p>

<p>There are 1500 incoming Honor’s Freshmen!!!</p>

<p>Wow! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Not sure exactly what or how much detail you’re interested in, but the Common Data Set that every university provides has some interesting data. </p>

<p>Just Google “University of Alabama common data set _______” (insert a year in the blank) to see things like no. of applications, no. accepted, yield, basic demographics on freshman class, etc.</p>

<p>It is there for 2010-11, but obviously too early for 2011-12. I cannot remember when it comes out.</p>

<p>how many were Honors College freshmen were there last Fall semester?</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I don’t think the Fact Book with those details were ever released for 2010-11 school year. </p>

<p>Usually there is a section about NMFs, NAs, honors kids, CBH, UHP, what state these kids are from, etc…but I could never find it for last year.</p>

<p>With 1500 in honors, that’s about 1/3 of the frosh class having an ACT above 28. And, there are likely some with an ACT above 28 who didn’t apply to honors as well.</p>

<p>The Honors College is like the size of a small private LAC.</p>

<p>Very cool indeed! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>It says that there were a little over 1200 Honors Freshmen, so to increase to around 1500 in two years is a significant jump. As mom said, many of the high stats students choose not to take part in any of the Honors programs.</p>

<p>I really wish the 2010 Factbook stats were out. I’m going to email Dr. S and ask if he can give me the honors stats for last year. </p>

<p>I’m also curious as to what Bama’s new “middle quartile” numbers will be. </p>

<p>Right now, Bama’s middle quartiles are reported on College board to be </p>

<p>Test Scores Middle 50% of
First-Year Students Percent Who Submitted Scores
SAT Critical Reading: 490 - 620<br>
SAT Math: 500 - 620<br>
SAT Writing: 480 - 60
ACT Composite: 22 - 29 </p>

<p>Side note… I know Bama doesn’t superscore for admission or scholarships…I know other schools do. I wonder if other schools are submitting superscores for their reporting numbers???</p>

<p>Fyi I heard there are 6,000 incoming freshman total and that it is the biggest freshman class they have ever had. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Given the funding constraints due to the economic downturn, that number you cite is very good news for UA, in financial terms. However, I still think it is about time for an enrollment cap.</p>

<p>Is the 6000 freshmen a confirmed number or just rumor?</p>

<p>6000 frosh? Oh my!! Where are they putting them all???</p>

<p>Where did you hear that? I can see 5500, but 6000??? Wow! </p>

<p>I want to hear the OOS numbers.</p>

<p>Bama’s going to need even more dorms…and fast!!!</p>

<p>Since The Bluff is opening more apts very soon (4 bedroom style), I imagine that Bama will be trying to move some upperclass NMFs there.</p>