2012-14 Catalog?

<p>In Degree Works, it says the academic catalog that would be applicable to D is 2012-14. The most recent catalog I can find on the website is 2010-12. Is the new catalog available yet? If not, is there a time when they usually come out? Are there usually changes from one to the next? How does one plan without having the right catalog?</p>

<p>Not sure if there will be significant changes in the next catalog, but when I looked at the 2008 catalog, the class requirements for Computer Science were different than they are in the 2010 catalog.</p>

<p>wdaveo- the CS webpages have a nice flowchart for classes. I think that info is the most updated for CS (it is 2010). Not sure about other disciplines.
[Undergraduate</a> Advising - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://cs.ua.edu/ug_advising.html]Undergraduate”>http://cs.ua.edu/ug_advising.html)</p>

<p>Thanks vlines - that is very helpful.</p>

<p>Good question.</p>

<p>If anyone is going to be on campus in the near future (for a tour, whatever), they should ask Student Services for an undergrad catalog. There should be one for 2012-14. </p>

<p>That said, I remember when the 2010-12 catalog was finally published, there was a publishing deadline (not sure when that was) and they had to push the limits to get a few changes in…and still somethings didn’t make it in (like the Frosh Eng’g Program).</p>

<p>I suspect that the 2012 catalog will be released very soon, if it’s not already.</p>

<p>We had a similar problem with the EE changes and what was the “new” flowchart when DS was entering. </p>

<p>Solution: nice e-mail to the department assistant requesting a copy since UA web still had older version posted. </p>

<p>Boy was I surprised that afternoon when Dr. Jackson (dir. at the time) called to make sure we didn’t have any other questions (his assistant was out a few days, believe me my e-mail did not indicate any urgency and could’ve waited :slight_smile: UA). He forwarded a copy as we spoke. </p>

<p>Play it safe - go to the source/department.</p>

<p>If everything goes as planned, there will not be a 2012-2014 catalog, but rather a 2012-2013 catalog. Catalogs are no longer being printed for students, so it will be hard to get a paper copy. </p>

<p>College of Engineering requirements changed between the 2008 and 2010 catalogs as the College of Engineering reworked its first year curriculum and renumbered some courses.</p>

<p>Sea Tide- a 2010 flowchart is probably the most updated from Engineering/ CS then ?</p>

<p>Correct. I haven’t seen any 2012 flowcharts, but some might be up soon.</p>