GPA 3.2 -UW 3.5-W</p>

<p>AP Courses:
AP US History (4 on exam)
AP English Lit
AP Euro. History
AP Economics
AP Physics</p>

<p>EC’s:
-Attendance at 10 Model UN Conferences (HS team is quite competitive and decorated)
-4 years of Microsoft Registered Refurbishers, we refurbish old technology from the school district and donate it to local families and nonprofits, last year we gave laptops to a class of graduating seniors from a scholastic merit program in urban Philadelphia.
-Spent a month in Tanzania , summer of 2011, stayed with Maasai tribe, summited
Kilimanjaro
-Summer of 2012 worked as counselor at an outdoors oriented summer camp that I attended as a camper, lead backpacking and canoe trips, instructed canoeing and archery</p>

<p>Recommendations-

• Junior year honors English teacher
  • Frosh honors West Civ. and current AP Euro teacher, faculty sponsor of Model UN and organizer of Tanzania trip.</p>

<p>Essay’s - I think these were a major factor

• Why CC - talked about how the block plan would engage me as a student and the proximity of CC to the mountains (375)
  • Block - talked about tribal guide in Tanzania answering his cell phone in the absolute middle of nowhere, how I want to study impact of technology on the 3rd world, impact of connection to the world and its role in development (325)</p>

<p>everybody who was accepted join the facebook group!!! </p>

<p><a href=“https://www.facebook.com/groups/469420716449400/[/url]”>https://www.facebook.com/groups/469420716449400/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I was accepted ED! so excited</p>

<p>You guys are so lucky! I really want to know if I am accepted orbit but I have a bad feeling… I have a good gpa but only a 30 act. I thought my block plan essay was excellent but not sure about the other one.</p>

<p>Not sure why my iPhone added orbit lol</p>

<p>A 30 is excellent, I got a 27 and I’m in!</p>

<p>Ah that makes me happy! I need a lot of financial aid though but I have no hook like first gen or URM. I am so hoping I get in but I have prepared myself for the worst. Gahh. Especially because there was a record number of early action applications and they are probably only accepting 25-30 percent.</p>

<p>I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you :)</p>

<p>@matt2314 you visited TZ and stayed with the Masai! That’s awesome, I did the same this summer through EIL. Honestly, life-changing. I miss Africa nearly everyday - congrats on the acceptance! I applied EA so a few more days for me lol</p>

<p>@zschak just what the block plan is all about. Good Luck!</p>

<p>Did anyone already accepted need quite a bit of financial aid?</p>

<p>Accepted ED!!! Best news!
SAT 2060
3.85 unweighted
Nationally recognized artist (photography, drawing, painting)
Also became boys with Roberto Garcia at my school’s college night, talked to him about a photo journalism portfolio I created on the wildfires that occurred in CO this past summer (took the pics while I was visiting CC!) </p>

<p>Good luck to everyone! Two out of the three ED applicants from my school were accepted, the third was deferred.</p>

<p>Congrats everyone who got in! I’m getting pretty nervous about the 20th</p>

<p>Accepted!
27 ACT Composite
3.78 UWGPA
Applied ED
Asian/Hispanic
Student Body President past two years
Rural High School</p>

<p>Also, I was accepted and needed a LOT of financial aid. If that helps anyone out.</p>

<p>@getmeouttahere13, how much is a lot? I need a LOT (I’m a QuestBridge finalist, if that gives you any perceptive… basically full need). Otherwise I’m a really good applicant (32 ACT, Hispanic, 3.77 UW, accepted to their multicultural visit program) but I’m really afraid the fin. aid might make them reject me…applied EA, by the way.</p>

<p>I know someone who went to the multicultural visit and was accepted ed. However I am white female and need a lot of aid. The odds are definitely against me.</p>

<p>people who were accepted should join the facebook group!
so far, its just me and admission counselors (the counselor from Texas asked me to start a group…)
here is the link: <a href=“https://www.facebook.com/groups/469420716449400/[/url]”>https://www.facebook.com/groups/469420716449400/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>@vell28 I’m an independent student. So pretty much everything lol</p>

<p>@ktlouis I requested to join but haven’t been accepted? Lol</p>

<p>@getmeout Ah, I’m not an admin for the group (or what ever it is called) so I’m not sure how to accept you. I’m working on it!! Sorry about that…</p>