2012/2013 Decision Thread

<p>No worries @ktlouis</p>

<p>EA applicant here! I’m going to be freaking out this entire week until I hear if I’m accepted! </p>

<p>The fact that there’s already a facebook group for the class of 2017 makes me really happy XD</p>

<p>Accepted ED!</p>

<p>I know how much it stinks to wait for the EA decision, so here’s as much info as I can think of about my application:</p>

<p>White male/Jewish background/live in New England
Attend a large public high school (2000-ish students)</p>

<p>SAT 2070, 2100 super-scored (M-720, CR-690, W-690)
GPA~3.7 unweighted</p>

<p>AP’s
US Government/politics
AB Calculus
Spanish
Environmental Science
APUSH (5 on test)
My high school doesn’t offer AP english classes, but I took the language test and got a 4</p>

<p>-Very involved in Social Justice, both at my school and in the city where I live
-Studied analog photography for 4 years (submitted arts supplement)
-Super outdoorsy–a bunch of summer programs including a NOLS course where I became a group leader
-4 years of distance running, co-captain of cross-sountry team this fall, was a league all-star
-Play guitar in a rock band with friends; we preform and record original songs</p>

<p>Why CC essay- Wrote a funny/mock letter about why I thought the college was a scam because it’s so unique and “too good to be true”–kind of corny but I had fun writing it and the essay probably stood out
Block Plan Essay- a pretty basic history course that would travel to a specific location and examine its cultural and economic roots, etc.</p>

<p>I’ve had my heart completely set on CC for the last two or three years, so that probably showed in my application and essays more than any statistic.</p>

<p>Best of luck to everyone applying EA!
P.S. How do I join the facebook page? I clicked “join” like 3 days but haven’t heard back :)</p>

<p>For the ED applicants, how did you guys get notified? Thanks!</p>

<p>@zespi1 When I logged on to my “base camp” profile on Wednesday, there was a “congratulations” message at the top of the page. The only reason I knew that decisions would be released on wednesday night was because somebody had posted a link to the “for guidance counselors” page on this thread the previous night. </p>

<p>Also, a package came in the mail on Friday with an acceptance letter, tuition info, enrollment form, and a really nice note.</p>

<p>@hereis…i’m trying to figure out how to add yall to the facebook group. I know Ashleigh (the admission counselor for Texas) started the group so I think she has to admit people to it…I emailed her and asked. i’m not really sure.</p>

<p>on another note, i still haven’t gotten my package yet…but i’m so anxious to get it!</p>

<p>@ktlouiselerer
<a href=“http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120918/n50589f6405267.jpg[/url]”>http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120918/n50589f6405267.jpg&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Yeah it was exciting to get the package even though I already knew what it said</p>

<p>I want to be accepted into the group so I can be all excited with a bunch of other CC kids!</p>

<p>Waiting for EA sucks! LOL. Congratulations to everyone that got in. I got deferred from another school (Georgetown) yesterday, so now I’m freaking out about CC, which is a much better fit, but I’m still nervous…</p>

<p>I am also freaking out! It seems like a lot of people accepted ED have better test scores than me but I have a very competitive GPA so here is to hoping that helps!</p>

<p>Accepted ED!!! I am so psyched. Here are my stats:</p>

<p>white female
2120 SAT (780 W, 670 M, 670 R)
32 ACT
3.7 GPA
-AP History
-IB English
-IB Physics
-Tennis team 4 years
-Volunteer at local hospital
-Guitar student</p>

<p>There’s nothing outstanding about my resume/course load so I think it was my essays that did it…I wrote my block plan essay about studying the geochemical make-up and biodiversity in Croatia’s Plitvice National Park and my Why CC essay was just really down-to-earth and honest-nothing unique. Best of luck to anyone applying EA I hope to see you next year!!</p>

<p>yo mrip33 are you playing on the tennis team</p>

<p>naah I’m thinking about maybe trying to walk on though. Are you?</p>

<p>yeah im playing but the coach said there’s 3 or 4 seniors leaving so I’m sure there will be a couple of spots open</p>

<p>wow maybe I’ll send him an email then…I don’t have any official tapes or rankings though but I guess it’s worth a shot!</p>

<p>I’m waiting for my EA response. I’m an international student at Singapore American School and I’m the only one who applied to CC so far. I have the GPA requirement but I only have an 1800 SAT. Do I have a chance?</p>

<p>Any other EA applicants get an email saying they will release the decisions on the portal on Thursday?</p>

<p>I just checked and I’ve gotten the same message too. Currently rethinking every possible error I could have made in the application process…Not that fun. It needs to be Thursday!</p>

<p>6pm eastern time - 2 days and a little over 6 hours from now. I certainly hope they don’t have any problems posting, because their office closes at noon that day (2pm EST), and won’t be available for more than 2 weeks to take calls. I would make sure you have no issues logging in before they close for winter break, or could end up having to wait for the letter in the mail.</p>

<p>On a link someone else posted, it says 5 PM MST which would be 4 PM here but 6 PM EST would be 3 here. So basically I don’t know whether the email or the thing on their website it true. I hope it’s out at three or else I would basically sit there refreshing the page for an hour.</p>