<p>Accepted: Governor’s, Exeter
Waitlisted: Andover</p>

<p>He will attend Exeter.</p>

<p>SSAT: 95% overall
Grades: Straights A’s since 4th grade
Essays: Very well written
Reccommendations: I believe very strong and positive
Hook: none</p>

<p>Interview: Excellent. He is very well spoken, and outgoing.
EC: competitive tennis (6yrs), plays piano, student class president, community service, Johns Hopkins award winner.</p>

<p>Location: New England
School: private K-8
Ethnicity: Caucasian

<p>** Decision: Accepted at Choate, Concord, Hill, Loomis, Miss Porters, NMH, Westtown **
Decision: Waitlisted at Middlesex, Milton, St. Andrew’s
Decision: Rejected at Lawrenceville, Taft
<em>the lady at taft obviously hated me… plus she asked the weirdest questions and was sure to mention how she went to Harvard in like every other sentence
Stats:[ul]
[</em>] SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: 93rd percentile
[<em>] GPA Unweighted-Weighted: No idea. Have mid Bs to high As, but taking 2 AP classes
[</em>] Rank: no rank
[<em>] Other stats: ECs: music (violin in orchestra, sousaphone in marching band), art, some johns hopkins award
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[</em>] Essays: Mad skills at writing. The only reason Choate accepted me (and mind you, it was off the waitlist) was probably cus they have the most essays.
[<em>] Teacher Recs: Average.
[</em>] Principle/Counselor Rec: Barely know them.
[<em>] Hook (if any): Mad skills at art. Parents are pulling the money out of their asses, but yes full pay
[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[</em>] State or Country: PA
[<em>] Current School Type: large public
[</em>] Ethnicity: azn
[li] Gender: f[/li][/ul]Other Factors: boarding applicant
General Comments: BRING BACK FIREFLY!!!</p>

<p>anyone get accepted to Mercersburg? pm me pleasee :slight_smile:
-freshman female 2012</p>

<p>Accepted at Choate
Waitlisted at Hotchkiss, Andover, Deerfield
Rejected at Exeter</p>

<p>SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: 97%
GPA Unweighted-Weighted: no GPA, but 4 As, 1 B+
Other stats:</p>

<p>Subjective:</p>

<p>Essays: I thought they were decent. I had them looked over by a teacher.
Teacher Recs: excellent
Principle/Counselor Rec: Didn’t really know her before she wrote it, but had a really nice 30min conversation with her.
Hook (if any): Competitive swimmer(top 10 in NE), 3rd place for 8th graders in MA at states
Location/Person: </p>

<p>State or Country: Massachusetts
Current School Type: Public
Ethnicity: asian

<p>Other Factors: Not much community service, but had some leadership with helping kids transition into middle school(ambassadors)
General Comments: Got into Choate from a waitlist. Was hoping for better results on M10, but thrilled that I am going to Choate!</p>

<p>** Decision: Accepted at Deerfield, Lommis Chaffee, Hotchkiss and Choate**
Waiting on: Westminster, St George</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: 92
[</em>] GPA Unweighted-Weighted: n/a
[<em>] Rank: n/a
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[</em>] Essays: I think they were good, I got help with proofreading as well. My Choates were by far my best ones
[<em>] Teacher Recs: I’m hoping they were good
[</em>] Principle/Counselor Rec: I really don’t know
[<em>] Hook (if any): Full pay
[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[</em>] State or Country: Sweden
[<em>] Current School Type: Independent
[</em>] Ethnicity: Caucasian
[li] Gender: Female[/li][/ul]Other Factors: National level swimmer
General Comments: I worked really hard on all of my applications and I think it payed off. I am so happy I got in to Choate, because it was my first choice</p>

<p>[ b] Decision: Accepted at Peddie **
[size=+1][color=green][ b]Decision: Rejected from Lawrenceville, waiting on Hun[ /b][ /color][ /size]</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: 82% SSAT, 70% math, 77% verbal, 92% reading.
[</em>] GPA Unweighted-Weighted:n/a
[</em>] Other stats: School President, member of multiple clubs, blah blah.
[ /list][ b]Subjective:[ /b][ list]
[<em>] Essays: Great, I am a good writer but my best essays were definitely Lawrenceville.
[</em>] Teacher Recs: Glowing, teachers like me.
[<em>] Principle/Counselor Rec: The same.
[</em>] Hook (if any): Swimmer, good personality I guess.
[ /list][ b]Location/Person:[ /b][ list]
[<em>] State or Country: NJ
[</em>] Current School Type: Very small public.
[<em>] Ethnicity: White as can be.
[</em>] Gender: Female
[/ul][ b]Other Factors:I got my coach and an alumni of lville to write me a recomendation, but yeah.**
General Comments: Lawrenceville interview went great, I really dont know what happened.</p>

<p>** Decision: Accepted at Peddie **
**Decision: Rejected at Lawrenceville and Hun. **</p>

<p>Stats:[ list]
[<em>] SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT:82% (70% math 77% verbal 92% reading)
[</em>] GPA Unweighted-Weighted: n/a
[</em>] Other stats: </p>

<p>[/list][ b]Subjective:**[ul]
[<em>] Essays: Very good. I thought my Lawrenceville essays were the best, but Peddie was good too. For Hun I reused an essay from Peddie, and they only required one ‘real’ essay.
[</em>] Teacher Recs: Glowing. My Peddie letter said people ‘clearly thought very high of me’
[<em>] Principle/Counselor Rec: Glowing.
[</em>] Hook (if any): Ranked top in state for swimming, personality, etc.</p>

<p>[/ul][ b]Location/Person:**[ul]
[</em>] Current School Type: Very small Public.
[</em>] Gender: Female</p>

<p>[/ul]Other Factors:
Needed lots of FA and Hun doesn’t have a large endowment, and Peddie does. I thought Peddie interview went bad, but I guess that was perspective. Lawrenceville went VERY well, Hun went good too.
**General Comments:[ /b]
I think FA was the reason I was rejected by Hun, no doubt. I have no idea why I was rejected from Lawrenceville. They have a large endowment, the coach said I would fit perfectly on the team, and my swim coach and a prominent alumni wrote me recomendations. Oh well!</p>

<p>Ala Viva everyone!</p>

<p>** Decision: Accepted at Peddie **
**Decision: Rejected at Lawrenceville and Hun. **</p>

<p>Stats:[ list]
[li] SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT:82% (70% math 77% verbal 92% reading)</p>[/li]
<p>[/list][ b]Subjective:**[ul]
[<em>] Essays: Very good. I thought my Lawrenceville essays were the best, but Peddie was good too. For Hun I reused an essay from Peddie, and they only required one ‘real’ essay.
[</em>] Teacher Recs: Glowing. My Peddie letter said people ‘clearly thought very high of me’
[<em>] Principle/Counselor Rec: Glowing.
[</em>] Hook (if any): Ranked top in state for swimming, personality, etc.</p>

<p>[/ul][ b]Location/Person:**[ul]
[</em>] Current School Type: Very small Public.
[</em>] Gender: Female</p>

<p>[/ul]Other Factors:
Needed lots of FA and Hun doesn’t have a large endowment, and Peddie does. I thought Peddie interview went bad, but I guess that was perspective. Lawrenceville went VERY well, Hun went good too.
General Comments:
I think FA was the reason I was rejected by Hun, no doubt. I have no idea why I was rejected from Lawrenceville. They have a large endowment, the coach said I would fit perfectly on the team, and my swim coach and a prominent alumni wrote me recomendations. Oh well!</p>

<p>Ala Viva everyone!</p>

<p>Guys, this is 2012!!! Use 2013’s!!!</p>

<p>Waitlisted: Hotchkiss
Rejected: Andover</p>

<p>Stats:
ISEE: 97th, 92cd and 89th
GPA Unweighted-Weighted:3.3-3.5

<p>Subjective:
Essays: Probably good. I think that I really described myself in them but I didn’t really ask for help so honestly I’m not sure.
Teacher Recs: Probably good for English as the teacher really liked me. I hated my math class last year so that could have been bad but I think my teacher knew I wan’t good in that class because of my lack of talent for geometry.
Principle/Counselor Rec: Probably good but I don’t see him/her that much
Hook (if any): 2cd or 3rd generation legacy as my mom and grandfather (other side of the family) went as well as my aunt went.
State or Country: USA
Current School Type: Small Private
Ethnicity: German (White)
Other Factors: My school is one of the best in the nation (not trying to brag but in the top 3 for the ranking in the US for private schools).
Extracurriculars: JV Volleyball (most improved), Science Fair (a couple of awards in my city), Model UN, Literature Magazine, Yearbook, Girl Scouts (working on my gold award)
General Comments:
I didn’t get any of the recommendation letters into Andover on time so that could have been a really big factor as I had three coming in; two from people on various boards at Andover. I also couldn’t wait to see if I had gotten in over the summer to Hotchkiss as I had paid tuition to my current school.</p>