2012 National Achievement Semi-Finalist

<p>Has anyone been notified that they are semi-finalist?</p>

<p>I’m wondering the same thing. Anyone?</p>

<p>Counselor told me student that she made semi-finalist today</p>

<p>if you have, can you please post your scores that got you semi finalist status :)</p>

<p>Are the notifications mailed to the schools? If so could you post what state you’re in.</p>

<p>Texas. PSAT score 205 but I don’t know the cutoff</p>

<p>Cut off in Texas should be 190 something. At our high school in North Texas last year, one student made National Achievement Finalist with a 198.</p>

<p>D was notified today that she is semi-finalist!! 199 in Alabama. She’s Auburn bound and finalist is what we’re shooting for, hopefully her 4.0 GPA will help make it happen. Scheduled to take SAT in Oct.</p>

<p>I got mine today.</p>

<p>Which state do you live in?</p>

<p>At what point do you think I should ask my counselor about it? I live in Texas and I got a 203 so I should qualify.</p>

<p>I got mine about a week ago, and I’ve already turned in my application. I think I got a 209 and I’m in Texas.</p>

<p>I live in Georgia and got a 216, which was the cut off last year, so I thought I had a chance this year for national merit :frowning: oh well</p>

<p>I got mine today. I’m in MD. I don’t remember my score. 202, maybe? I’ll check later.</p>

<p>When I walked into the counselor’s office Monday, the announcement was sitting on a side table. Didn’t seem like any rush to anybody there. My DS will be filling out the application this weekend. This is very important to us as it will keep COA to the very minimum. :)</p>

<p>Got mine. PSAT was ~196 :/. Finished my app except for the essay which I started today</p>

<p>Are we allowed to use an essay we’re submitting to colleges for the National Achievement essay?</p>

<p>I plan on doing so</p>

<p>Got mine Thursday, MD 212. My SAT score isn’t that awesome though…does anyone know how much that can affect becoming a finalist??</p>

<p>I think your chances of becoming a finalist are diminished if you don’t have an SAT score at or around or higher than your PSAT, but I’m not 100% sure.</p>