***2012 Ron Brown Scholarship***

<p>Looking at last year’s threads, notifications go out between Feb 3rd and Feb 8th. They usually email and call you, and then fax your school information.
I’m reaallly scared that I didn’t get it, has anyone found out anything yet?</p>

<p>I’m still waiting :/</p>

<p>Has anyone received notification for this scholarship yet?</p>

<p>No. I emailed them and notifications go out from mid-to-late February.</p>

<p>Notifications start Monday for semifinals!</p>

<p>Thank you soo much!!</p>

<p>I’m a semifinalist!</p>

<p>yahooo semifinalist :slight_smile: kinda surprised cuz it said only 50 out of 6300!!</p>

<p>How did you find out?</p>

<p>they emailed me…but they said they’d also contact the school and mail you a letter too</p>

<p>Yeah I got an email and my school got a fax</p>

<p>Does anyone know if they release all of the semi-finalist notifications at the same time? Or do they release them over a couple of days? And for the people who have been notified, what are the new instructions and deadlines?</p>

<p>They don’t notify people who do not advance to semifinalist or finalist standing. Idk about when they release them. </p>

<p>There’s a short app, with 2 500 word essays and a biography.</p>

<p>** and it said the deadline for turning in the semifinalist stuff is on Feb 17…so maybe there is still hope for a notification tomorrow for others</p>

<p>Semifinalist! I got pulled out of class to hear the news this afternoon. And CPU, the papers say the biography is due once you are selected as a finalist.</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC</p>

<p>I called. I didn’t get it. They told me that all semifinalists have been notified today already. Oh well :’(</p>

<p>If we are chosen, does that mean we definitely get money? And the weekend is just activities and not an interview for the scholarship?</p>

<p>I know some scholarships that are like that.</p>

<p>I’m not so sure. I know in at least one previous year, a poster said that the finalists went and had interviews, but not all of them became scholars. That group was about 3 people fewer.</p>

<p>Aw man!!</p>

<p>Well, what if all 16 finalists can’t make it, say if they want 14, and only 14 RSVP. </p>

<p>That is really nerve wracking!</p>

<p>I know! I guess the best thing to do is crank out these essays and hope for the best come March!</p>