2013 acceptance?

<p>Son applied on 6/29- transcript and scores received on 7/19-- HS advisor said when she talked to admission that they told her they were not processing applications until August- has anyone been formally accepted yet?</p>

<p>I wouldn’t expect a formal letter of acceptance until early to mid August.</p>

<p>I don’t think Admissions has a full staff right now. Many are only working 10 months of the year. Last year, acceptances started in August when the school’s staff all returned.</p>

<p>That’s what I remember mom - our D submitted as soon as she could on line with all transcripts and ACT already at Bama – acceptance links made their debut on her mybama a day or two “after” start of Fall 2011 classes.</p>

<p>My son just received an email from UA that said: Thank you for applying to the University of Alabama. Your application is complete; we should begin reviewing 2013 admission applicants soon. It then went on to tell him to look at some things that pertain to what he is hoping to major in. The end says please feel free to ask questions and that she looks forward to working with him this year. Now we just have to wait and see. I’m really hoping just maybe we’d find out within the next 2 weeks. I don’t think we can take much more waiting lol!</p>

<p>Cool! Did this email come through his mybama Crimson account or your personal email? My S’s materials are in, but we haven’t yet received any email confirmation or anything.</p>

<p>It came through the normal email not the crimson email. Kinda surprised us. It’s funny, even though we know they aren’t going to tell us yet, we still check online like a dozen times a day. Just in hopes that just MAYBE they start sooner than other years. A girl can hope, right???</p>

<p>We did not receive any confirmation that the application is complete either, although it shows up on mybama as all materials received when we check the status. I posted on another thread that I was told today that they will start reviewing apps late August/early September and start sending notifications in September, so don’t hold your breath just yet. :)</p>

<p>We haven’t received any email confirmations either. I can see on mybama that everything is received. I am pretty sure S will be accepted, but still want an official acceptance. We did get a invitation to a reception in Nashville - but I think that was pure marketing.</p>

<p>^^We got that reception invitation as well (actually two, with different variations on our last name ;)</p>

<p>Do you know how long it takes for the ACT scores to arrive at UA? We had them sent out on 7/24 and as of today, it hasn’t arrived yet.</p>

<p>I’m so anxious that I made son apply to UAH just because they are already sending out acceptances (and of course the merit).</p>

<p>@MTnest – I’d call UA by mid-week if you aren’t seeing the scores yet on mybama. Sons showed immediately (applied 7/3)</p>

<p>Longhaul: I assume UAH received the scores since we got the acceptance from them already (they were all sent the same time to all the rolling admission schools). Will have to call them if it doesn’t show up soon.</p>

<p>I just got accepted yesterday, but I haven’t received my formal letter, certificate and bumper sticker yet in the mail (I’m from florida).
I found out that I was accepted by logging in the mybama website and there was an extra “student tab” and a tab for admitted undergraduates and when I clicked on it there was a notice that explained to me that I was accepted.
ROLL TIDE :)</p>

<p>welcome and congrats!</p>