2013 Clean Official Boarding Decisions and Applicant Stats/ECs

<p>No FA either, I forgot to add that too.</p>

<p>@GoldenRatio: congrats :D, somehow I knew you would get into Choate.</p>

<p>For those who were waitlisted for Andover, could you please share how you were notified? Thanks. Sorry it wasn’t the news you wanted to hear. We’re still waiting to hear anything… :)</p>

<p>@MBVLoveless: Haha, thanks! Yeah, Choate was always my secret first choice (shh, don’t tell!)</p>

<p>** Decision: ** Accepted at Andover
**Decision: ** Waitlisted at Exeter</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: 99th percentile, 2361
[</em>] GPA Unweighted-Weighted: 4.0
[<em>] Rank: 1 out of 510
[</em>] Other stats: SAT in 8th grade 2140
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[<em>] Essays: I thought my essays were very good, I’ll post them later today for future applicants. I really liked one of my essays about running (a passion of mine) for Exeter, but I think my profile in general fit more with Andover.
[</em>] Math Rec: I’m the best student taking Pre-Calc, and I had the highest AMC score in our high school as a freshman, so I have a very good connection with her. I think it was very good.
[<em>] English Rec: I think it was pretty good; she knew from the beginning of the year that I was interested in boarding school, and she had a son go to boarding school so I think it was good.
[</em>] Other Rec Rec: Nike Nationals Coach (I live very close to Nike World Headquarters, so we have a running program called Bowerman Athletic, and he was my coach). He’s one of my best adult friends, so I bet the rec was pretty dang awesome :slight_smile:
[<em>] Principal/Counselor Rec: My counselor doesn’t really know me yet, because I had only been at the school for two months before I asked him for a rec, but I think it was good, because I talk to him more than most students.
[</em>] Sports (if any): Cross country and Track. Qualified for Junior Olympic Nationals in both, but I couldn’t go because they were too far away. Still ranked nationally though! :slight_smile: And I swam competitively for 8 years.
[<em>] Instruments (if any): Piano for 10 years, going for a scholarship competition this spring. Percussion for 3 years
[</em>] Other ECs (if any): Senior Girl Scout going for Gold Award (10 years), Science Fair National semifinalist twice, Honor Roll in American Math Contest all 3 years of middle school, Leadership club, and founder of school’s Debate team.
[<em>] Hook (if any): I think athletic; my friend runs cross country and she told me I would be #1 at Exeter and #2 at Andover.
[/ul]Location/Person:[list]
[</em>] State or Country: Oregon
[<em>] Current School Type: Large public
[</em>] Ethnicity: Asian-American
[<em>] Gender: F
[</em>] Grade: 9, applying for 10.</p>

<p>** Decision: ACCEPTED AT NONE
[ b]Decision: WAITING ON NMH
[ b]Decision: Denied at Taft, Loomis, Andover and Choate</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: SSAT-1998 TOEFL-97
[</em>] GPA Unweighted-Weighted: N/A
[<em>] Rank: N/A
[</em>] Other stats: URM</p>

<p>[/ul][ b]Subjective:[ /b][ list]</p>

<p>[li] Essays: The ones for Taft were the very first ones and not exactly my favorites, I liked the other ones, and personally I think the best ones were for Choate and Andover</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Math Rec: I think very good he likes me</p>[/li]
<p>[li] English Rec: Excellent, my teacher loves me!</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Other Rec Rec: THE VERY BEST ONE, made me soud as a really unique candidate</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Principal/Counselor Rec: I think it was good</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Sports (if any): Tennis (As main one) Martial Arts</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Instruments (if any): Piano</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Other ECs (if any): Speak: Spanish, English and German, Tons of community service</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Hook (if any): Lego Builder(yes, its a hook when you build 5000+pieces) and URM </p>[/li]
<p>[/list]Location/Person:[ul]</p>

<p>[li] State or Country: Mexico</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Current School Type: Private</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Ethnicity: Mexican</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Gender: Male</p>[/li]
<p>[li] Grade: 11th (Repeating)</p>[/li]
<p>[/ul][ b]Other Factors: Full Pay, Did all interviews at schools, I think all my interviewers liked me**</p>

<p>General Comments: I’ll apply again next year? :slight_smile:</p>

<p>For those waitlisted/rejected at Andover, how did you find out??</p>

<p>MY ANDOVER :slight_smile: </p>

<p>@AmbiD77 any news from some school yey?</p>

<p>@Mexstudent, I havent gotten any * good * news lol
I was waitlisted at SPS, Exeter, and Deerfield, and rejected from Hotchkiss, and I still haven’t heard back from Andover, but I know I was either rejected or waitlisted for sure</p>

<p>@AmbiD77 have checked your MyAndover Yet?
Ps. Dont forget the waitlist can give surprises!! :)</p>

<p>Wish you the best luck!</p>

<p>@Mexstudent2013 My Andover is apparently only for int’l applicants :frowning:
Aw thank you! You too :slight_smile:
Oh the waitlist…</p>

<p>@mexstudent2013, we didn’t see anything in DC’s my Andover acct. where is the decision located or look like? many thanks</p>

<p>Sent from my Nexus 7 using CC</p>

<p>@Bearsgarden It’s only for International applicants as it seems</p>

<p>Your D has to get into andover’s website, click into admissions, then into my andover, you log in with your user Id and your password (or the andover Id), once you get in, click on the “applicants board” and then there’s a link that says “Amissions decision”:)</p>

<p>GOOD LUCK!</p>

<p>@mexstudent2013, thanks, we live in the US. </p>

<p>Hope you recover well.</p>

<p>Sent from my Nexus 7 using CC</p>

<p>@Mexstudent2013: Don’t give up! NMH might give you the ultimate surprise! :slight_smile: I only got one acceptance, and Taft rejected me as well.</p>

<p>@AmbiD77: I got waitlisted at Hotchkiss…don’t worry about the waitlist! As someone else said, the schools may pull another rabbit out of their hat! I had a friend who was waitlisted to Hotchkiss (hahaha, like me) who got off in late March, so dream on! :D</p>

<p>bump 10char</p>

<p>Should I take myself off the Hotchkiss waitlist or not?</p>

<p>GR: When you absolutely know where you are going (and your parents agree) and you have formally accepted that school’s offer, you should take yourself off all waitlists.</p>

<p>ChoatieMom: Thanks for the information!</p>

<p>It’s just that it seems highly unlikely for me to get off the waitlist, with financial aid needed and all…I want to leave a spot open for someone who truly needs it; after all, I’ve been accepted to a school already, with adequate financial aid (your beloved Choate!) In all likelihood, I’m going there in the fall.</p>

<p>Goforpep:
St. Mark’s School- Accepted!
Andover- ?
Exeter- 6 am email- NO.</p>

<p>Go Lions!
Sorry for the formatting faux pas but too excited right now…</p>