<p>Accepted: Choate Rosemary Hall, Milton Academy, Groton
Waitlisted: Andover, Deerfield
Rejected: Exeter</p>

<p>Stats:
-SSAT/ISEE/TOEFL/PSAT: 90th percentile
-GPA: 4.0
-Other stats: In 9th grade, applied for 10th grade</p>

<p>Subjective:
-Essays: My best essay, imo, was Deerfield. Then Choate, then Groton, then Andover, then Exeter, then Milton (but all of them were really good - not trying to be cocky fyi)
-Math Rec: I’m not very good at math (surprising for an asian lol) but my teacher knows that I try really hard to succeed in her class, so I’m guessing that’s worth something
-English Rec: I have a thing for English class and I my teacher loves me!
-Other Rec Rec: I asked my debate mentor to write my recs for Andover, Exeter, and Choate. I asked my choir director to write my recs for the rest of the schools. My choir director’s been writing rec letters for graduate programs and colleges for over 50 years and he really likes me so I think his rec was the best.
-Principal/Counselor Rec: My counselor knows my persistent nature. I was rejected from all the schools that I applied to last year and he was the first to know. He’s seen me mature throughout the year and eventually succeed so I think that’s a huge plus.
-Sports (if any): Varsity Soccer
-Instruments (if any): My voice? I was in 2 different choirs (chamber and mens)
-Other ECs (if any): served on my country’s National Debate Team, forensics, filmmaking, choral music, photography.
-Hook (if any): National Debate Team(?). I also have a very diverse background (I’ve lived in 4 different continents so far)
-Location/Person:
-State or Country: Korea
-Current School Type: Private
-Ethnicity: Asian
-Grade: 9
-Other Factors: Interviews went really well. I think my Choate interview was the best one for me (:
-General Comments: If you’re like me a year ago, a student who has so much potential but was unfortunately not accepted to any schools, do not give up. Please don’t. I nearly did but I’m so glad I didn’t because I’ve finally made it and I’m thankful for that (:</p>

<p>A tip for new and returning applicants - don’t be a fabricated individual (I’m not sure how this works out in other countries, but in Korea kids pay academies and tutors to write their applications and most of the time, it doesn’t work). Really be yourself, but of course work hard and if you really believe that you are qualified, then you probably are - you just need to show it.</p>

<p>Congrats, @sprinkles926 and @gradclass2020!</p>

<p>ACCEPTED: Loomis Chaffee
ACCEPTED: Pomfret
WAITLISTED: Hotchkiss, Exeter, Choate, Deerfield, Groton, Taft</p>