2013 SEC Schedule Released

<p><a href=“Southeastern Conference”>Southeastern Conference</a></p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Thanks. Interesting that Ole Miss is a home game for the second consecutive year. I guess the SEC is making adjustments to accommodate the inclusion of A&M and Mizzou.</p>

<p>I also saw on another website a few of the non conference games: Va Tech at the Georgia Dome on (I believe) August 31 and also, Georgia State at Bryant Denny on October 5.</p>

<p>Anyone know which weekend will be parent’s weekend? I would LOVE to go see Bama vs Ole Miss but am thinking that might not be it and can’t travel that far two weekends in September.</p>

<p>Aug. 31, 2013 – vs. Virginia Tech at Atlanta
Sept. 14, 2013 – at Texas A&M
Sept. 28, 2013 – Ole Miss
Oct. 5, 2013 – Georgia State
Oct. 12, 2013 – at Kentucky
Oct. 19, 2013 – Arkansas
Oct. 26, 2013 – Tennessee
Nov. 9, 2013 – LSU
Nov. 16, 2013 – at Mississippi State
Nov. 23, 2013 – Tennessee-Chattanooga
Nov. 30, 2013 – at Auburn</p>

<p>One more non-conference game to be scheduled.</p>

<p>Since there seems to be no free weekend in October, when would Fall break be?</p>

<p>Seems like Bye Weekend will be Nov 2??</p>

<p>And the other non-con will be sept 21??</p>

<p>M2ck,
If you had to best guess when would u think Parents weekend would be. I would think they would use the Sept 21 non conf game weekend.</p>

<p>I would guess that, too.</p>

<p>The issue will be when the bye week actually is. Will it be Nov 2 or Sept 21? Much may depend on who Bama can sign to do the non-con game. Right now, I’m guessing that Bama is offering substantial cash to a cash-strapped program to change its current schedule and agree to play Bama. The offered cash will pay for the penalty that school will have to pay to cancel its current opponent and will also provide ample left-over cash for the cash-poor program.</p>

<p>[Source:</a> CSU close to two-game deal to play at Alabama in 2013 and '15 - The Denver Post](<a href=“Source: CSU close to two-game deal to play at Alabama in 2013 and ’15 – The Denver Post”>Source: CSU close to two-game deal to play at Alabama in 2013 and ’15 – The Denver Post)</p>

<p>**CSU close to two-game deal to play at Alabama in 2013 and '15</p>

<p>**</p>

<p>*BOISE, IDAHO<em>—</em>Colorado State is close to getting coach Jim McElwain back to Tuscaloosa, Ala., two years after he left. CSU appears to be working out details of a two-game deal with Alabama, a college football source said late Friday night.
The tentative framework is this: Both games will be played in Tuscaloosa, in 2013 and 2015, and Colorado State stands to get more than $1 million for each game.
*</p>

<p>These will not be “home and home”…both games will be in Ttown.</p>

<p>If CSU fills the last game, it will have to be scheduled 11/2 as CSU is already scheduled to play 9/21. Although perhaps that could be changed given the revenue source the Bama game would be.</p>

<p>Fall break on 9/21 would be very early. Would almost be better to forego fall break and give the students the whole week of Thanksgiving off.</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T989 using CC</p>

<p>According to this link, Fall break is Oct. 31 - Nov. 1. [Fall</a> 2013 Academic Calendar | The Office of the University Registrar - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/academic-calendars/fall-2013-academic-calendar/#tab=tab-1]Fall”>http://registrar.ua.edu/academics/academic-calendars/fall-2013-academic-calendar/#tab=tab-1)</p>

<p>According to that calendar, there will be both a Fall Break and a mid-semester study break. They didn’t have that this year, did they? Seems odd. I’m another one who would prefer they forego a fall break and have the entire week of Thanksgiving off.</p>

<p>All of this forward planning by you guys scares me…I don’t know what I’m doing most days of the week, let alone 52 weeks from now. But I will put all of this on my calendar, with many thanks to you forward thinkers, and, whoops, I apparently don’t own one that goes out that far…</p>

<p>Another vote for a full week off at Thanksgiving!</p>

<p>Yeah particularly with the iron bowl being away.</p>

<p>CSU is scheduled to host UTEP 9/21/2013. Either the CSU-UTEP game will be rescheduled so CSU can travel to UA on that date OR fall break will need to be adjusted.</p>

<p>Beth’s mom, perhaps we can start a petition for no fall break and the week of Thanksgiving off. With so many kids out-of-state, it makes more sense. And no, there was no mid-semester break off this term either.</p>

<p>I agree that a full week off at Tgiving would be great. However, Dr. Judy Bonner ascribes to a study that shows that students do better if they get a mid-semester break. So, to me, the answer is…do both! :)</p>

<p>There is that study break scheduled, whatever that is. Leave that scheduled, take away the two days in the beginning of November and add them to Thanksgiving week.</p>

<p>Express your opinions to Dr. Bonner and the new provost. I think the days off in early Nov should be moved to T-giving!</p>