2014-2015 Scholarship Information is Out!

<p>Exciting news for those of us who have been patiently waiting! The Presidential remains the same! Looks like a new scholarship was added for those with a 29 ACT. ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>[Out-of-State</a> Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out_of_state.html]Out-of-State”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out_of_state.html)</p>

<p>Wait, numbers are there. Why did they add numbers?</p>

<p>Oh, so they are just clarifying what the tuition is valued at currently. NO VALUE OR REQ CHANGE!!!</p>

<p>Glad to hear they didn’t change the presidential or UA scholars awards! DD and two other girls will arrive on campus next week - the first from their large suburban Chicago HS to go to Bama in decades. There are a bunch of rising seniors at their school who heard them talk about Bama, the Honors college and the scholarships and are now extremely interested! Several are planning to visit DD and tour the campus. These kids are very good students looking at 30k+ to attend UIUC in-state.</p>

<p>Yes, you can use the money for other expenses if you have tuition covered by some other source.</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>Here we come.</p>

<p>Hit it Trace…</p>

<p>[Ala-Freakin-Bama</a> By Trace Adkins - YouTube](<a href=“Ala-Freakin-Bama By Trace Adkins - YouTube”>Ala-Freakin-Bama By Trace Adkins - YouTube)</p>

<p>NMF not updated…</p>

<p>Yay!!! I have been waiting for this info for a month! Visited Bama in July with son. We loved it!</p>

<p>Also - after stalking this site for months, finally decided to join. :)</p>

<p>Welcome!!! After making 15 posts, you will be able to send PMs… Until then, please ask if you have any questions!</p>

<p>This is such a relief. Just knowing that you can go to college is an amazing feeling.</p>

<p>Hmmm. I am wondering, since they did put a dollar value and did NOT say “at least”, if that is a set amount and will not change if (when) tuition increases? The 2013-3014 had $ values on the set scholarships, but avoided stating values on Presidential and UA Scholar.</p>

<p>The way I read it, the Capstone and Collegiate are stated as fixed dollar amounts and the new F-I-E, UA Scholar and Presidential are stated as 1/2, 2/3 and full tuition with current dollar amounts as examples.</p>

<p>I think they are just clarifying what the fraction of tuition amounts to currently.</p>

<p>Thanks TXArchitect!! </p>

<p>I too am hoping the scholorships won’t “go down” in value, if/when tuition goes up.</p>

<p>The important thing is that they didn’t change the requirements. I’m just above the ACT/SAT req’s, so I was pretty worried there.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Looks like it is not changing.</p>

<p>Welcome SouthernLady1! DD also fell in love when we visited last summer. We are now eagerly awaiting the acceptances! Looking forward to getting to know y’all in the next few years!</p>

<p>NMF does not have next year’s date…I would not assume it is not changing…it changed independently from the other scholarships last year…until it says “2014-2015” It is not official.</p>

<p>Thanks NC Mom!
The Engineering scholorships haven’t been updated yet either.</p>

<p>I would suspect that all scholarships will be updated in the next day or two.</p>