2014-2015 Scholarship Information is Out!

<p>It’s about time that Bama listed the ACT 29 scholarship. it makes a difference to have it IN WRITING!!!</p>

<p>FOUNDATION IN EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 29 ACT or 1290–1320 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Foundation in Excellence Scholar and receive the value of one-half tuition or $47,900 over four years ($11,975 per year).</p>

<p>So, for someone who’s in eng’g, they will also get $1500 added.</p>

<p>^^We had a friend who received that scholarship. It is good to see if officially listed.</p>

<p>2014-2015 NMF information is out now too! It looks like there are a few changes!</p>

<p>[National</a> Merit Finalist and National Achievement Finalist Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/nms.html]National”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/nms.html)</p>

<p>Now I guess it’s time to get crackin’ on those departmental scholarships…</p>

<p>NC Mom, the link you provided for NMF is for the current year (with, obviously, no changes, lol)</p>

<p>And just checked the UA website, still no update.</p>

<p>Did you see it somewhere else???</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>This is what I see on the link above:</p>

<p>National Merit Finalist or National Achievement Finalist Package 2014-2015
Students must list The University of Alabama as their college of choice with the National Merit Corporation by May 1, 2014.</p>

<p>Value of tuition for up to five years or 10 semesters for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate studies
One year of on-campus housing at regular room rate* (based on assignment by Housing and Residential Communities)
A $3,500 per year Merit/Achievement Scholarship stipend for four years. A student must maintain at least a 3.3 GPA to continue receiving this scholarship stipend. If a corporate-sponsored scholarship from the National Merit Corporation is received, the total value cannot exceed $3,500. (For example, if you receive a corporate-sponsored scholarship of $2,000 per year, UA will contribute $1,500 per year to reach the total stipend amount of $3,500.)
One-time allowance of $2,000 for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
iPad </p>

<p>If you don’t see this, clear your browser history or refresh the page a few times.</p>

<p>Okay, I HATE HAVING TO CLEAR MY COOKIES. All my presets disappear.</p>

<p>Sorry.</p>

<p>This adjustment seems to address OU’s NMF offer to pay for grad studies.</p>

<p>5 years & grad studies for NMF’S that is huge!</p>

<p>Roll Tide! My S application is in for 2014 for the last 2 weeks with all requirements received. Can’t wait for the admit letter! :)</p>

<p>Does anyone know what happens to those who graduate in 3 years? Like, does the money vanish, or can it be used for other things?</p>

<p>Don’t graduate in three years.</p>

<p>No, if you “graduate” in 3 years, the remaining money is forfeit. You get 8 semesters of funding for undergraduate work. My D will be getting her Masters in 4 years, but she needs to be able to take at least one undergraduate class for each of her last 2 semesters so that her scholarship will carry through. Even though she can technically walk for her BS degree after 3 years, she needs to stretch it out for the full 8 semesters.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info!</p>

<p>Wow! The 2014-15 NMF kids get a somewhat sweeter deal than the 2013-14 kids (my D is in the frosh class as an NF this fall). Oh well, I’m sure that the folks in the administration have a good reason. I now hope that this same deal is offered in 2015-16 when my S enters college. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>It’s interesting that the scholarship is better for next year - I wonder if there was the drop in yield that some had speculated about. I guess it’s too much to hope that they will make it retroactive for this year’s freshmen? It’s kind of a bummer to have hit the one year that the scholarship was lowest, doesn’t really seem right.</p>

<p>Did it really change all that much? For that matter, is there really that big of a difference between NMF and Presidential? They seem pretty similar.</p>

<p>Am I missing something ? The out of state page still says 2013-2014 for me…</p>

<p>Clear your cookies AlmostLimitless!</p>

<p>Big jump on NMF. Can take 5 years to graduate, or go to summer school two summers, or graduate on time and have 2 semesters of grad school covered. Also the stipend goes from $1000 a year to $2500 per year. A $6000 increase over 4 years.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if there is a precedent for UA making this type change retroactive? The 2013-14 NMF deal was very nice but the new one is a nice bump.</p>